Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > are the printables for students or for this site?    

are the printables for students or for this site?

mrnicolas
Argentina

are the printables for students or for this site?

I dont why but i have the feeling that some really colourful and catching printables are just done for this site as a main intention and then probably modified for students... do some people want to get more and more points or they really want a useful idea for the classroom?

9 Jul 2009      

Silvy_E
United States

Mrnicolas:
We create activites thinking of our students � needs and we share them with other members. You can download "colorful creations"or black and white.

Most importantly, the students are the ones who benefit , not us

Have a good one,

S

10 Jul 2009     

celia86
Argentina

Hi there!!
I think that is up to you to use pritables as they are posted or not. A teacher who is really interested in catching his/her students attention, will probably use  catching material.... anyway I don �t get why you think like that, I even think it is a bit offensive
It �s just an opinon, but I don �t see why it bothers you so much, I think it shouldn �t.
KISSES and happy Independence Day!Thumbs Up

10 Jul 2009     

zailda
Brazil

We create wss for our students and the more you visit the site, the more you find good ways to teach a subject. My students really love the colorful ws and I got great results since I started providing this extra material found here.

Some teachers at my school refuse giving them colorful ws, full of pictures, plenty of exercises, etc. They think it �s not necessary. I agree that it isn �t necessary, but students show more interest in participating when they have a nice and colorful material to work with. If they get involved, they pay attention; if they pay attention they learn; if they learn they feel rewarded; if they feel rewarded, they are happy. And when my students are happy, I am happy.

I �d like to ask you to reconsider your opinion about the material found here. Give them a try and you �ll see.

Have a nice Friday.

Zailda Coirano

10 Jul 2009     

maufon
Costa Rica

Hi!!

In my personal opinion, I am glad I found this website because I work as an English teacher in the public system in my country and here, I have found very useful material to teach or revise some themes and ofcourse (I thank all my colleagues for sahring their creativity and hard work) it is up to you if you want to use them or not.

I have found some beautiful colorful sheets but i can�t use those like that because it is a little more expensive to make copies for all my students but some of them come in b&w if not, I know that somewhere else I can find another one in B&W.

Maybe you can give us any ather great idea for theaching, that is what this site is for. Why don �t you thry one!!!?? I have to say that  my ss love them.

10 Jul 2009     

marisuar2008
United States

Nicolas.... In other countries not Argentina teachers use colour photocopies in their classes so it is mor appealing for students.... for us it will be rather expensive

10 Jul 2009     

zailda
Brazil

If the teachers don �t want the wss colorful, they can print them in gray scale or B&W just adjusting the printer settings. After printing, they can copy them. I prefer to print all the wss for my students (around 60 / 70) and I need to refill the printer with colored and B&W ink each 50 / 60 days, and it �s not expensive.

Cheers.

Zailda

10 Jul 2009     

douglas
United States

When I make a worksheet it is usually for my students.  I often make a few changes to worksheets before I post them here so they are more fitting to what people here use/like.  Occasionally I have an idea for a worksheet that I get excited about and I make the worksheet and then evaluate where I can use it.

So my answer is: mostly for my students, sometimes for myself, and occasionally for the site.

10 Jul 2009