Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > What īs going on with englishtips.org?    

What īs going on with englishtips.org?

Koenigin der Nacht
Cyprus

What īs going on with englishtips.org?

Hello everybody!

I was just wondering if it is really possible that englishtips.org is no more?!!!  I have been a member there for some years now and I can īt accept that this is the end of englishtips!  It was the greatest treasury of English books on the net!

This is all I could find: http://twitter.com/englishtipsorg

Do you know anything more?  Have they moved somewhere else perhaps? 

Please, do tell if you have any more information!

Thanks in advance!

12 Jul 2009      

Damielle
Argentina

I got this:

Maintenance Mode

Dear users, there have been some problems with the server, and we are working on fixing them.
Please be patient and come back in a few hours.

12 Jul 2009     

Kate (kkcat)
Russian Federation

Hello there! I ve been trying to access the site too but with no luck. Looks like they have copyright problems again. Anyways, we will see what happens next. Have a good day!

12 Jul 2009     

Mishuna
Argentina

The same happened a few months ago..they will work it out as they always do. We īll have to wait-...

12 Jul 2009     

Koenigin der Nacht
Cyprus

Thanks a lot for your comments! I was indeed really devastated about this!
Cry
If you get to know anything more, please inform us!

Thanks a lot!

12 Jul 2009     

zailda
Brazil

I īm also a member there and I know they recently had problems with Cambridge (or Oxford, don īt remember exactly) Press because of some unauthorized copies members posted there.

Members here feel upset - sometimes really furious - when their wss copied from sites, books and another people īs work are removed, but I think it īs a good way of keeping ESLPrintables out of this kind of headaches.

Englishtips is a wonderful site and I hope it īs back soon.

Cheers

Zailda Coirano

13 Jul 2009     

goodnesses
Algeria

Hi, There.

Just to say, I am saving the link (and the page of this thread) for later.
I will comment on it more accurately when the opportunity and the reason are there.
Some of you will understand what the why and what for of it are.

Now, I am really busy thinking and preparing some OE for next year. It is very hard and the connection problems are making the job a real calvary.

Please don īt reply to this post, just carry on the discussion it is interesting to know about that website.

Regards

13 Jul 2009     

roneydirt
United States

Cambridge and Oxford are getting to the point they will price themselves out of the teaching field.  Yes I know they are the biggest but with some of the contracts I have seen it is getting to the point several school districts are looking for other presses or even creating state ones.  So from the sound they have closed the site temporary because of possible copyright infringements.  With the onset and advancements of the Internet I see an Internet competitor coming very soon and both of the two big ones will die out like the dinosaurs they are.  Think they forget in the long run the consumers have the final say.  I have seen texts being created already for different districts to bypass haveing to buy from either two, have had to prof-read because I have had a history as a prof-reader and cutter for 7 years in a printing press.  Question is on this and other sites how long before they stop attacking the sites and start going after the poster like the music industry did.  It will be interesting to see them try because they can claim copyright infringment but at the same time can be shown they worry about profits more than education.  Might say a preverbial catch-22 and possible big shake up in the education world in the very near future.

13 Jul 2009     

ptorresz
Chile

He firnds! ...Hey do you think www.busyteacher.org is down for the same reason???

14 Jul 2009