Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > copyright issue    

copyright issue

goodnesses
Algeria

To make money

19 Jul 2009     

Lana.
Ireland

melahel7, I think I know! Smile

Past Simple is more academically accepted rather than Simple Past. Simple Past would indeed sound more natural, however out of the two words "Past" is the core word, while the "Simple" is its attribute, so when we hear someone speak about tenses, it is more convenient for our minds to be refrred to Past first (as more important piece of information) and then to what kind of past - the Simple kind.

It can be compared to how herbologists name plants in Latin for scientific reasons - the family comes first, and then the species.

My thoughts, anyway.

Rather interesting topic, I find. Thumbs Up

19 Jul 2009     

goodnesses
Algeria

Dear, Judith@rwen

The cliparts there in picasa.google albums are supposed to have been produced and designed by the owner of the album. But this owner can be dishonest to upload cliparts that aren �t his/hers just as it happen �s here in ESLprintables. And according to Google terms of use the content (not the google service) is under the user �s responsibility. Then, you have a link there too to report abuse.

This is completely different from sites and hosting servives using and distributing copyrighted material from presses such as Longman, Oxford, MacMillan, Cambridge and may others..

19 Jul 2009     

melahel7
Canada

Thanks Lana for the info.  But I �m still pounding on whether people use that term out of awareness.  Again, thanks !

19 Jul 2009     

< Previous   1    2