Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Virus:-(    

Virus:-(

AnnCii
Latvia

Virus:-(

Hi, Unhappy

This morning started with bad surprise. I was downloading new contributions when my pc got infection - Trojan hourse and othersCry. Even the Antivirus program didn �t protect my computer.

How do you deel with security? Is there any program that checks these files?

I hope the damage won �t be very big and I �ll get back all my files and documents.

Maybe I didn �t get it here, but then I can �t imagine where, because for the last time I have downloaded files only here.

Best regards

AnnCii 

20 Jul 2009      

cheezels
New Zealand

It �s funny that you say this as my computer/ antivirus has blocked two in  the last two days...both Trojans and I was on this site and a swedish site only....

20 Jul 2009     

Carla74
Portugal

Yeah, I also caught two Trojans yesterday and in both of the times I was here... :(

20 Jul 2009     

Greek Professor
Greece

Yes... Ive have had the same problem....i had reported it.... but.... it has happened to me 3 times.. and i had to format... i got an expert to get rid of my virus.. and unfortunately he told me that the virus �s came from contributions of this site.....sad....
The first time... i thought ok... other sites...
the second.. i thought about it more seriously....
the third i used my net book... and just logged in esl... nowhere else...and bingo...

yes its sad...

20 Jul 2009     

Nebal
Lebanon

I �m sorry for what heppened with you.
The same problem occurred in my computer this year. I spotted about 16 Trojans in my downloaded files.  I went crazy coz I lost some files, but guess what. After the big trauma, I realized that I �ve saved the same files in two USBsss.

Try to do this next time, dear!!

All the best,
Nebal

20 Jul 2009     

Kate (kkcat)
Russian Federation

yesterday when i opened the site my computer began to act weird, it just began to work sooo slowwly and i had to reboot it 3 times... I �d recommend to run antivirus protection to everybody just in case, probably there was a virus here yesterday :(

20 Jul 2009     

anitarobi
Croatia

HI,
it happened to me too twice yesterday evening and once this morning - I was at google and as soon as I clicked on the ESL printables toolbar, it went crazy.... Sth strange is in the air....
Anita

20 Jul 2009     

cheezels
New Zealand

I just scanned all my saved files from esl and nothing has come up, but the attacks happened when I was in ESLprintables... My antivirus is awesome though and has blocked 4 attacks from a trojan.... ESET NOD32 is what am I using... and for the first time I am really impressed by it!

20 Jul 2009     

anitarobi
Croatia

I have avast and it works as well, but it happens as soon as I click on the ESL logo on the toolbar when first opening and it says there �s a virus detected in the pic itself... so maybe someone has a clue as to what to do. This has never happened before, and I �ve just logged in again and this time I had no problems. I �ll see what happens when I get home, because yesterday evening and this morning I had to completely restart my PC. I guess it �s no wonder - we all post photos, pics, glitters and stuff on the forum and at the cafe, not to mentoin the links, so it was probably just a matter of time.... Hope our ESLs get better soon...
Anita

20 Jul 2009     

Damielle
Argentina

I have never thought of attackes coming from ESLprintables becuse i considered it as a  safe place. But now that you mention it, I �m considerring that my computer being slow, may be due to a virus attack. I have just lost two viruses attacks and lost most of the files in my computer.

A few days ago, I downloded a file which was unusually heavy for the material contained in it and my windows protection anounced that it had a dangerous "macro". I didn´t care about it because I thought that the wss here were safe.

20 Jul 2009     

Jayho
Australia

The last few days I have had difficulty accessing this site when I first try to get in - it just freezes so I close the Internet and try again and with no problems.  I wonder if this is related because I don �t have that same problem with any other sites.

20 Jul 2009     

1    2    3    Next >