Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > HOW THIS SITE WORKS (premium member, points, how to improve your worksheets, pictures, how to get help …)    

HOW THIS SITE WORKS (premium member, points, how to improve your worksheets, pictures, how to get help …)

frenchfrog
France

HOW THIS SITE WORKS (premium member, points, how to improve your worksheets, pictures, how to get help …)

This post is meant to help new members in general (and Mariethe House in particular!!)

This is what you have to know:

1)    If you want to download a printable from the site, you have to contribute too: this means you have to upload your work. The keyword on eslprintables.com is SHARING. Do not ask if you can pay to download the printables, this is not how the site works.

2)   To upload your work, see: Send a printable        Send a PowerPoint        Make an Online Exercise  at the top of the page and follow the instructions. Note: only .doc (printables) and .ppt (PowerPoints) files are accepted. See also the limits for the different file sizes: a printable must not exceed 300 kb (actually it is even 295 kb) and a PowerPoint must not be bigger than 500kb (again 495kb).

3)   Each time a member downloads one of your printables or PowerPoints, you get one point.

a.    PREMIUM MEMBER: you become a premium member when you reach 30 points. This means that you can download the NEW contributions uploaded everyday FOR FREE (= without losing any points) BUT YOU WILL LOSE YOUR POINTS IF YOU DOWNLOAD OLDER PRINTABLES. You will find the new contributions if you click on �Show All� at the bottom of the column entitled �New Worksheets�.

b.    If you are not a premium member yet, you will lose a point each time you download ANY printable (= new and old).

4)    TUTORIALS. If you are impressed by the quality of the printables you see on esl.printables and think you will never be able to do the same, there are some tutorials to help you!

2 tutorials to help you improve the presentation of your work:

http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=99025#thetop (ichacantero�s tutorial)

http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=66440#thetop (my tutorial!!)

1 tutorial to help you reduce the size of your pictures:

http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=107849#thetop (Michael�s tutorial)

Michael (aka Logos) also has other interesting and useful tutorials.

PLEASE, TRY TO LEAVE A COMMENT WHEN YOU DOWNLOAD A PRINTABLE!

5)    PICTURES. You will find many links to very nice clipart sites if you check former posts. Bear the copyrights in mind and do not scan pictures from books. If you choose to scan whole pictures from books, your work will be reported and your account will be cancelled eventually. Do not upload another member�s work either, as it will be reported as stolen, and again, your account will be cancelled.

6)    If you have any questions, do not hesitate to write a post. You will see that many members usually answer it. If you do not get any answer, try again: I am sure you know that teachers can be extremely busy!!!

TO THE WHOLE COMMUNITY: if you think I forgot to say something important, please do not hesitate to complete this post. I will upload this post in the �ASK FOR HELP� section, try to remember it and give the link to any new member who will ask for help in the future.

26 Oct 2008      

Mariethe House
France

Merci beaucoup Frenchfrog!
J�ai enfin compris comment �a marche gr�ce � votre description �nergique et tr�s compl�te! je commence � �tre un peu moins impressionn�e et me dis que je peux participer � ma fa�on , sans obligatoirement me figer parce que je trouve que ce que je propose est �moins bien� que ce que proposent les autres!
Auriez vous un tutorial pour construire la confiance en soi, m�me � 2 ans de la retraite!lol
tres amicalement: Marieth�

Thank you and sorry for answering in french I didn�t know my message would appear in the general pages but only in frenfrog�s mailbox! something else i have to learn!

26 Oct 2008     

frenchfrog
France

Sorry, I don�t have a tutorial about how to reinforce one�s confidence!! This is actually my biggest problem: I am always full of doubts and constantly need to be reassured!!

26 Oct 2008     

Mietz
Germany

This is a very complete summary! Thanks frenchfrog! Clap

I�d just like to add that the language of this site is English. If you post a comment (or worksheet) in your mother tongue most of the community isn�t going to understand it (unless your mother tongue is English of course :-) ).

Thanks and applause for using English. Clap

26 Oct 2008     

Mariethe House
France

Sorry Mietz I didn�t think my answer would appear on the pages of the forum and as I am French, like frenchfrog, I thought it was nicer to use french! sorry again! I still have to learn!

26 Oct 2008     

frenchfrog
France

I forgot to say something:

Mariethe, you have already reached the 30 points, but I think you will become a premium member TOMORROW, not today! So be careful if you decide to download some printables today: you will lose your points! If you are not sure, make sure you can read "As a premium member you can download this worksheet free of charge" next to "Download this worksheet" for each printable (only for the new contributions, of course).

26 Oct 2008     

Mariethe House
France

Thank you again ...
It is difficult to imagine you have problems with your confidence, considering the so very  professional material you produce! have a nice holiday !5 i guess you must be on holiday, like me!)

26 Oct 2008     

Mietz
Germany

Hi Mariethe,
that wasn�t meant as a criticism for you at all. It�s just nice to be able to understand other people�s comments, suggestions or even requests for help. Smile

26 Oct 2008     

meuge
Argentina

Wow frenchfrog!!
This is a THOROUGH guide and explanation!! It should appear as a link in the main page!! I mean it!
BTW I love your moving frogs!
Good Sunday to all of you!Hug
M. Eugenia

26 Oct 2008     

lhai71
Vietnam

It �s very helpful. Thanks a lot!

18 Apr 2009