Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > IS THERE AN EXPLANATION FOR THIS?    

IS THERE AN EXPLANATION FOR THIS?

Stellam
Argentina

IS THERE AN EXPLANATION FOR THIS?

Hi dear colleagues
I happen to discover that some users have far more points than they should according to the number of downloads the got. How come? Does anybody know why this happens?
Hugs
Stella

28 Jul 2009      

broncesambar
Argentina

No idea, in my case, I dont know how this thing of the points works but these last days I have always had the same points and there have been a few downloads.. I don �t know really, but let �s keep on sharing!

28 Jul 2009     

Stellam
Argentina

Hi broncesambar

Don �t worry. I checked and you have as many points as downloads. It �s Ok. The thing is that by chance I came across an account with 107 points and only 21 downloads. I just couldn �t understand how this user managed to get so many points. It seems to me that there must be something that I ignore about the system of getting points.

Stella

28 Jul 2009     

David Lisgo
Japan

Now we get one point for each time one of our worksheets is downloaded, but I think the points system was different in earlier times.  This could explain some of the discrepancies.  Perhaps some of the longtime members would like to confirm and clarify this.

28 Jul 2009     

broncesambar
Argentina

Thanks for your answer. Unfortunately I can`t help you with your question.

Hope someone else can.

A big hug from Argentina

28 Jul 2009     

David Lisgo
Japan

http://www.eslprintables.com/makeagame/index.asp
Here you will see that people get points for making online exercises, which don �t show up under the individual excercises, but are included in their points total.

28 Jul 2009     

Stellam
Argentina

Thank you David!! That explains everything! I didn �t know about that possibility of getting points. Thanks for the info.
Hugs

Stella

28 Jul 2009