Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Grammar and Linguistics > Which is more correct? "Work hard and you will pass" or "Work hard so you will pass"    

Which is more correct? "Work hard and you will pass" or "Work hard so you will pass"

HOLYMARY_852
India

Which is more correct? "Work hard and you will pass" or "Work hard so you will pass"

Which conjunction "and" or "so" will be more appropriate to fill the blank in the sentence:  Work hard ....... will pass.

30 Jul 2009      

samsunmustafa
Turkey

Of course so is more appropriate but I f I were you I would set the sentence like this one:

Work hard then you will pass.

30 Jul 2009     

Zora
Canada

Both are correct:

Work hard and you will pass... - means if you work hard, you will most assuredly pass the exam.

Word hard so you will pass... - means you need to study so that you can pass the exam... but if does not imply that you "will" pass like the first one does though. 

30 Jul 2009     

_babz
Canada

"Work hard and you will pass"
it �s like telling the student, if you work hard = you will (100%) pass

whereas

"Work hard so you will pass"
it �s like telling the student, you need to work hard in order to pass

first one, sounds like a speech a teacher would give to the class..;)

30 Jul 2009