Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > TWO QUESTIONS FOR EVERYBODY!    

TWO QUESTIONS FOR EVERYBODY!

Nereis
Argentina

I think that PASSION makes a good teacher, passion for the daily things we do to improve our profession. My 
 students and my past students make me proud to be a teacher, their acchievements and love.
Don �t forget that TEACH IS TO TOUCH SOMEONE FOREVER
A big hugh
Nereis

30 Jul 2009     

Tere-arg
Argentina

To be a good teacher:

To be open-minded, adaptable, able to look, see and understand  our students�s strong and weak points and work accordingly: be objective and fair; be tolerant but not permissive.
Aim to the student�s learning and not to the mark.
Be resourceful, imaginative, creative and funny would make almost perfection...  LOL

I think you feel proud when you see how they grow in their knowledge, when they use the language successfully outside your class or decide to follow your steps or get a good position in a company due to their language skill...
So many things, small and big, make a teacher proud!

30 Jul 2009     

aftab57
United Kingdom

It is difficult to add very much as most things have been said. I found this statement that I feel captures �What a teacher is �.

What is a Teacher?

by Gerald Grow

Division of Journalism

Florida A&M University

Available: <http://www.longleaf.net/ggrow>

To a mind of flint, the teacher must be iron, and strike sparks. To the empty pitcher, the teacher becomes a well. To the fallow mind, a planter of seeds. To the cluttered mind, a gardener to weed, shape, and clear a space for growing.

To the lens, the teacher is light, and to the mind of light, a lens.

To the sleeper, the teacher is the wake-up call of birds at sunrise. To clay, the teacher is potter, sculptor, and trainer in self-shaping. To the wanderer, the teacher is a knowing guide. To the developed mind, the teacher is colleague, listener, friend.

To all, the teacher is a mirror that shows not only the self but the path and its choices, the task and its demands--the difficulties, the joys. To all and from all, the teacher is a learner, a person--and a prism through which the ordinary continuously reveals itself to be miraculous.

� 1977. May be freely reprinted for nonprofit uses, provided credit is given.

Gerald Grow

30 Jul 2009     

Mr. Maru
El Salvador

A degree  makes us  teachers? ... a piece of paper with your name printed on and a bunch of signatures and pretty handwriting, tells us .. "YOU ARE, INDEED, A TEACHER?"

Since the very moment you CARE about another person in order for her or him to learn something you ALREADY know, that makes US teachers.

When you feel pleased about others using and putting into practice what YOU have taught them, knowing that THIS knowledge WON �T be ever taken away from them (unless they get Alzheimer) ... and you, YOU,  were part of it ... that makes US teachers.

30 Jul 2009     

< Previous   1    2