Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Today in History.    

Today in History.

eng789
Israel

Today in History.

Saturday, August 15, 2009
WOODSTOCK DAY

Jefferson Airplane at Woodstock

On August 15th 1969, they came by the thousands. They came from every corner of the U.S. and many came from other countries. It was a pilgrimage to a farm owned by Max Yasgur in an area of Sullivan County, New York called Bethel. In a manner of speaking, this was a religious experience. It was a pilgrimage for love, and peace. And throughout it all, the music played.

Unfortunately, I missed it.  Were any of you there?

16 Aug 2009      

manonski (f)
Canada

I was 3 years old and I was not even close to that place that became a legendary music event.

16 Aug 2009     

cauffeypot
Albania

Sorry, I wasn �t born for another 8 years.

16 Aug 2009     

joy2bill
Australia

It was the year I got married. I had other things on my mind!!!!!!

16 Aug 2009     

eng789
Israel

I guess most of the old timers of the site have already gone to bed. 

I was 18 and living in Canada and probably could have gone but I was too busy trying to make some money before College.

I think it was one the  most significant eras regarding music and many of the songs we like to teach were sung there for the first time if I remember correctly.

To all the hippies in the world today - PEACE, LOVE AND ROCK �N ROLL

16 Aug 2009     

ants
Switzerland

I was around 13 and had just moved to Australia from Rabaul, New Guinea!!
I heard about it but didn �t get to experience it!!
I guess all the real hippies are still asleep!!!!Hug

16 Aug 2009     

Kate (kkcat)
Russian Federation

Hello Barbara and all my dear colleagues Hug. You will be surprised but I �ve never heard anything about the Woodstock Day before. Thanks for providing information about it, now I know about it! Thumbs Up

16 Aug 2009     

Spagman63
Hong Kong

Let´s see what I missed: drugs, fornication, alcohol, witchcraft, rebellion and numerous other forms of immorality.  Dang!  It sounds like a good time.

16 Aug 2009     

eng789
Israel

It was also very good music.

16 Aug 2009     

goodnesses
Algeria

Hi, there free open minded people.

Just to say whatever the sins of WOODSTOCK people were they could not be as harmful as the McCarthyists �, Neo-nazists �, Totalitarians � and other Racists �

As many of you I wish I had been old enough to understand at the time the real aim behind it.

As we may say in many countries: "Sometimes we have to ask for the maximum to have the minimum."

EDIT:
(He who feels the cap fits him has just to wear it.)

16 Aug 2009     

Spagman63
Hong Kong

I thought we weren �t supposed to talk about politics. Ermm  HMMMM Looks like someone is being rebellious. Hey, you caught the spirit of Woodstock. lol 

16 Aug 2009