Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Please... please... *begging*    

Please... please... *begging*

_babz
Canada

On the contrary edlerverein..

I haven �t forgotten. Unlike yourself, I don �t see my fellow teachers in here as �clients � nor do I upload my work just to �score some points �.

I share my work (key word here is share) because I simply enjoy it. It �s fun to see different perspectives and ideas. But in NO WAY will I judge the method that was used NOR will I start being picky on errors I may or may not find.

You might be so eager to please your clients, but when I read a comment like

members who create worksheets like this are doing themselves (and other teachers) a disservice by putting out worksheets that can�t be edited

it just puts down all the hard work some of us have done....

tootles

16 Aug 2009     

patty39
Brazil

Dear Vanda,

thanks for the tip (to use the paint to edit the picture). I almost never use this software, so I just forgot how useful it can be in a situation like that! I �ve made a lot of tests and I can assure you all that it is possible to edit even if you don �t have the exact font to use. The ws may not be as beautiful as before, but it �s still useful.

I wish you all a great Sunday and a wonderful week!

Hugs!!

16 Aug 2009     

averitope
Argentina

Hi! I found this thread useful because I sometimes had to edit some non - editable worksheets  because I didn�t need or I couldn�t use  some parts. Unfortunately I didn�t know that I can use paint for this. Do you know if there is a tutorial here?

When I started here, I wanted to use clipart in my worksheets but they made it too heavy. One day, Zailda posted in the forum (because somebody asked how to reduce the size of images) that she used IRFANVIEW to reduce the size of the images and it turned out to be very useful, at least for me. Don�t misundestand me! I am not against non - editable worksheets. It is just another tip I found useful thanks to Zailda. Hugs! :)

16 Aug 2009     

anitarobi
Croatia

Averitope, I also use Irfanview when I need to - you �re right, it �s really useful.

16 Aug 2009     

Tint
South Africa

Thanks for the input, folks : ) A special thanks to those who gave constructive suggestions and positive input. I like that!

First, I must tell you, I wasn �t whining... well, not really *grins* I was in the middle of preparing a class with a fabulous worksheet that had a couple of glaring spelling errors. I �m a graphic designer too (my �moonlight � job), with a vast collection of fonts. I couldn �t find the matching font to edit the worksheet with. I �m also (confession here) a bit of a perfectionist, so I like to have the worksheets looking good.

My post was in no way mean to be a criticism of those sharing so generously. It was more by way of suggestion.

Now, my suggestion is: If you �re going to use a screenshot of your worksheet, perhaps put the font you �ve used in with the description? That would make life so much easier (for yourself too in case of future edits).

@marion_g - Great idea using the text boxes! If we are given the font name, that would be easier too.

@vanda - I hear what you �re saying. I know there are times it is unavoidable. Just as an example, the worksheet I was busy on would have been light. It wasn �t especially image heavy. Mostly, I can �t remember who I downloaded the worksheet from. I don �t add the creator �s name to the file name. I should start doing that ; )

@tbabz - I never photocopy from textbooks, but I can see what you �re saying. I �m not being picky. I am suggesting something. I often go back to my own older worksheets and update them. Making them editably makes that task more practical too.

@edlerverein - my �begging � was just me trying to be humorous. I would have put a pleading smiley in there instead if I could have : ) Sorry if it offended.

@nhlrhn - the topic is in the spirit of a suggestion. I �m not criticising your work. As I said in the original topic, I make mistakes too, which is why the ability to edit is so valuable. I �ve had to go back and correct my own worksheets. As someone else also pointed out, we may want to change something like the British/American terms to suit our classes.

@tbabz (again) - I �m not putting your work down in any way at all! I promise. That was simply a reference to the fact that it limits your own ability to go back and edit your work if you need to.

@antirobi & averitope - Irfanview is fantastic! It �s light (and FREE) and a great alternative to Paint or, in my case, Photoshop, which is very heavy. 

16 Aug 2009     

< Previous   1    2