Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Did you know it?    

Did you know it?

Damielle
Argentina

Sorry Spagman, but I can �t see your point.

Sorry for those who don �t have the same aim that I have. I just posted this to share the information as I usually do. But most things are turning controversial here, on the forum.

I think that It would be better  not to share  anything here again. I �ll do the same of lots of people who don �t participate in this forum anymore. It �s a real pity!

Have a nice day.

17 Aug 2009     

Mishuna
Argentina

Hi Damielle, thank you so much for sharing this interesting information. I am argentinian and I didn �t know that La Marcha de San Lorenzo was played in such important events around the world!!! Shame on me hahahha!!!
It �s nice to know one of our best historical songs is well-known by other cultures.

I understand what Tere has said. Today is public holiday and everybody (not well informed) think that it �s a celebration when in fact it �s a commemoration. However, I think that the forum is to share information and that �s what Damielle �s done without being controversial or taking political sides.

Peace in the forum, please!!!

ps: it �s nice to be back in eslprintables :))

17 Aug 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

Hiya, Damielle and others! Smile I do not know what to do (again) and am in two minds whether to speak my mind .... but here it goes. I promise i �ll be good this time.

When i saw D �s post, i thought it might have to do with the other day �s discussion (which turned into an argument, though i did not want it) that i started and her (subconscious, probably) wish to get back at me. But i want to believe, and do believe, that she herself is not vindictive and that she really posted for the reasons stated above.

And what happened next was that Tere said it might not be the place for the forum, (expressing her opinion, speaking her mind). In an instant polarization began and (it seemed that, though i don �t think it is the case) the girls were on the offensive gathering up the soldiers around them. Smile Thankfully, only one soldier joined the force, so there might not be a war after all. Wink I �m here as a neutral party.

As to the emotions Tere mentioned ... ahh well, i �m not qualified to talk about that because i do have trouble controlling mine. In fact, i do not even try to control them. I think i will take one of Mena �s courses one day (if she �ll have me as one of the toughest students she �s had), or even Anitarobi �s, on diplomacy.

And again, re D �s initial post again. Goodnesses made a good point there, so i won �t repeat myself and discuss whether the post belongs here or not. At least, the post broke the monotony. What i complained about the other day was monotony, repetition, one and the same thing over and over again. I wanted change. I may have not chosen the most appropriate way (according to the majority) to ask for it, but at least ... "I did it myyyyyy wayyyyy".

Thumbs Up

17 Aug 2009     

Damielle
Argentina

I would just repeat what I have already said,

"I just posted this to share the information as I usually do." Not to create any controversy

17 Aug 2009     

tricia973
Uruguay

Thanks Damielle for sharing this piece of information with us! I love history and I always look for ways to discuss it in my english lessons... I think history is a key element when trying to understand the role of English in our lives...

Hugs from Uruguay!!

17 Aug 2009     

carlaaguiarsilva
Portugal

Thank you for sharing this interesting fact Damielle! It �s nice to learn something new everyday!

17 Aug 2009     

sirah
Argentina

Thanks for the information Damielle!!!(I did not know it..shame on me!) It is very useful...besides that is my favourite Argentinian march.
Hugs
Patricia

17 Aug 2009     

Denisa
Romania

Good grace!!! Is that all that you could understand from Dami �s post - that she is talking about an isolated event in her country?? you people are unbelieveble!!!  - and my reaction is not only based on this evening �s "disscussion" - but I noticed the other day that some people have made themselves a habit in being agressive and thinking that they are better than others(I think you don �t need names - you all know who I �m talking about).
Someone else stated that we all are free to express our opinion, to speak our minds - yes, but keeping in mind that we are all equals, we are all common human beings(with good sides and bad sides), we are not labelled or ranged in high rank and low rank members !!
and yes - express your opinion, but I think the common sense should tell you to do it without hurting someone else �s feelings, without being so agressive!!
Sometimes(reading these arguments) I wonder how can some of these people be teachers - we all know that being a teacher is about patience, caring, understanding, being helpful - not judging, hurting, trying to be mean....

THANK YOU, DEAR DAMIELLE, FOR ALL YOU HAVE DONE FOR US SO FAR AND FOR ALL YOU WILL DO FROM NOW ON!!!

17 Aug 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

Wo-wo-wow, Denisa! Hold your horses! And the exclamation marks altogether!!!
 Someone might interpret your post as aggressive. Wink

17 Aug 2009     

miss_yanis
Argentina

Hi you all!

Damielle, I think your idea was great! The first time I read it I got amazed!I still don �t understand why Tere reacted in such an aggressive way... but well, we all have blue days, don �t we?

I hope this discussion ends up here, and PLEEEEEASE keep sharing this kind of info with us... it �s really interesting!

I �ll get ready to come back to work tomorrow...

Kisses!

Miss Yanis

17 Aug 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    Next >