Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > ´Punctuation hero ´ branded a vandal for painting apostrophes on street signs    

´Punctuation hero ´ branded a vandal for painting apostrophes on street signs

cheezels
New Zealand

´Punctuation hero ´ branded a vandal for painting apostrophes on street signs

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1207301/Punctuation-hero-branded-vandal-inserting-apostrophes-street-signs.html

It is so good to see that there are some people (who are not teachers or students) who care about English!
I thought it was a good article that you might want to share in your classes if you are discussing punctuation or the use of apostrophes.
It would be good to use for a simple discussion session also- do your students think he is mad? Or is it important to make sure that public signs are punctuated properly?
Big smile

18 Aug 2009      

sarahgriffin
Ireland

This will actually serve as a great text to base a lesson on!!

thanks!!

18 Aug 2009     

mena22
Portugal

Thanks a lot cheezels! I ´ve just read the article and saved it. I ´ll definitely use it with my 9th graders on the task New Technologies, subtopic Textmessaging so that they become aware of the importance of accuracy. The language they use in textmessaging is just for that, nothing else.

Have a nice day,
mena

18 Aug 2009     

sarahgriffin
Ireland

This will actually serve as a great text to base a lesson on!!

thanks!!

18 Aug 2009     

Mietz
Germany

Great tip! Thanks for sharing! The article makes a great base for teaching grammar in context!Clap

18 Aug 2009     

Jayho
Australia

Fabulous article. Thanx! oops - I mean thanks.

18 Aug 2009     

anitarobi
Croatia

fantastic choice of topic, cheezels... thank you so much!

18 Aug 2009     

cheezels
New Zealand

I would have made it into a worksheet myself but I am painting the lounge right now... and am busy for the rest of the week! :-)
I ´m glad it is going to be useful to some of you!

18 Aug 2009     

anitarobi
Croatia

Cheezels, I ´ve used your text in my text work collection. It ´s not really a ws, more a lesson plan. Hope you don ´t mind! It ´s really a pity to miss.

18 Aug 2009     

carinaluc
Argentina

Really juicy, thanks a lot Cheezels!!!
Carina

18 Aug 2009     

cheezels
New Zealand

Hi Anita it is only an online newspaper article that I read today! I posted it here because I thought it might be interesting if anyone wanted to use it :-) I have no "dibs" on it! I wish I had classes at the moment to use it as I think it would be a great discussion piece Big smile
Enjoy!

18 Aug 2009     

1    2    Next >