Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > European day of languages    

European day of languages

silvanija
Lithuania

European day of languages

Hello dear teachers all over the world. I am finally back home from my loooong holiday Big smile.  I managed to spend five weeks without my computer LOL.

Now I would like to get in contact with teachers from Europe who would like to take part in a postcard exchange. I think about an exhibition of cards from different countries with the same text  in native languages for European day of languages (26th September). If someone is interested in this too please send me a PM.

Silvana

24 Aug 2009      

mariannina
Italy

I sent you a PM Thumbs Up

24 Aug 2009     

deryalim
Turkey

and also I �m sending a PM:)

24 Aug 2009     

anitarobi
Croatia

me too

24 Aug 2009     

basiazarzycka
Poland

and me ;)

24 Aug 2009     

mrs_teach
Bulgaria

� I sent you �a PM too.

24 Aug 2009     

chobby
Mexico

I �M INTERESTED OR DO YOU ONLY WANT EUROPEAN COUNTRIES?

25 Aug 2009     

naddya
Russian Federation

Great great great idea!!!

25 Aug 2009     

dbrun
France

What about getting our students involved? That could be an international exchange..
Delphine

25 Aug 2009     

silvanija
Lithuania

Hello all,
Thank you for your messages. I replied to many of you, but not to all (I am very short of time today), but will surely do it a bit later in the evening. At the moment I have 7 confirmations (Italy, Belarus, Portugal, Croatia, Poland, Russia and me - Lithuania) and I am still waiting for some answers. It means that each of us will have to send 6 cards and will get 6 from other countries.
As I wasn �t very clear in my previous message I �ll try to explain once again for those who are still in doubt.
The idea is not to make cards exchange between students. It �s about getting one card from some European countries with a native language text on it. The initial idea of the European Day of Languages is to encourage people to learn more languages.  It is thought that it will lead to greater intercultural understanding. I want to show my pupils a variety of languages in Europe, to show them that today they can �t understand them, but may be one day they will learn some (not only English) and the content of the card won �t be a puzzle any more. The text on the card might be something like that only in native languages:
Hello,
I am writing from ... I know that you do not understand my language the same as I do not understand yours. But may be one day we will learn them.
There are some words for you to start with: hello, thank you, ...

See you all a bit later
I really have to run now
Silvana

25 Aug 2009     

cookingongas
France

I �ve sent you a PM too.

25 Aug 2009