Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > New York City    

New York City

dayssb
Brazil

New York City

Friends all around the world
I`ll make a dream come true... I`m going to New York City in a few weeks and I`d like to know if you have some advices an clues to share with me. I`ll have only one week there and I also want to go to Washington. I`ve already booked the flights and the hotel, now I only need to plan everything so that I don`t lose time there.
Thanks in advance.

30 Aug 2009      

miss K.
Ukraine

Never been there so can �t really give you advice but wish you o have a great time there!!!

30 Aug 2009     

Mishuna
Argentina

You �re soooooo lucky!!!
I hope you enjoy your trip and have a great time...I �ve always wanted to go to the Holocaust Memorial Museum. It �s in Washington, if you �re interested check out this website: http://www.ushmm.org/
It is said to be breathtaking....

Best wishes from Buenos Aires!!

30 Aug 2009     

nejar
Peru

New York is just amazing. Lots of shows to see,if you are interested buy tickets in advance. Go for a stroll in Central Park , where you may enjoy some open air concerts. The Metropolitan, The Guggenheim are wondeful choices if you like museums. Of course, there is the Statue of Liberty, which takes you about a day to visit because of the crowds. Walking along Fifth and sixth Avenue to do some shopping! Chinatown, Little Italy for some nice Chinese/Italian food, Soho is an area which is also worth visiting. Just wandering around parks and streets to see New Yorkers do their daily daly life!! Dear!! there are so many. MANY things to do there. It �s endless =) ENJOY it !!

Nelly

30 Aug 2009     

joy2bill
Australia

Just remember to look up. The size of the buildings are amazing.
I advise Central Park. We had a cheesy ride on a horse and carriage and a ride on the carousel.  We also saw Strawberry Fields and the Dakota Building as my son, then 17, was/is a great John Lennon fan.
We actually took a bus tour..not always the best but we did see a lot in a very short time.
We also went to the United Nations building...we are reminded of this regularly on the news.
Anyway enjoy...and remember..look up!
Cheers Joy

30 Aug 2009     

libertybelle
United States

I agree with Bill!
Look up - not only because of the size, but also because of the architecture!!
A guided bus ride is really a great way to get a feel of the town, and how big it is.
If you see something along the way- you can go back and visit it.
Ellis Island is a must as is Ground Zero, Greenwich, Central Park and Battery Park.
Broadway and the jazz area too.

Have a blast!
Hugs
L

30 Aug 2009     

jennybohmes
Argentina

The metropolitan museum it�s worth to visit.
The holocaust museum too! I been there it�s excellent!.Not only jews suffered from the nazi propaganda but other groups too, there you can learn more about that.

30 Aug 2009     

mariamit
Greece

You �re very lucky. It �s a wonderful city- and never sleeps like the song says.I grew up and lived there for twenty six years. Everyone has given you important places but it all depends on what you like doing.  I would add The Museum of Natural History. If you like theme parks try Adventureland and the Wild West Ranch. Libertybell is right. Don �t miss the Statue of Liberty or Ellis Island .  Try the Central Branch of the Public Library, also. It �s awesome. If you need any information and I can help send me PM.
Maria

30 Aug 2009     

gilorit
Israel

Hi
I was in NY City last month. some practical advice:
Buy a weekly ticket to the subway (it includes busses). It is really worth buying and saves a lot of money. I think it is $27 per person for a week.
You should also take one of the tour buses deals, $54 per person for two days including a GREAT night tour of the city and a cruise in the harbour.
About food - there are stands of chicken + rice + salad for only $5 in the corner of the streets. It is Good.
Have FUN !!! New York is really something else !!!1
Orit

30 Aug 2009     

isagcmz
Colombia

Manhathan! don �t miss to explore this place! It �s amazing and you feel so free to do whatever you want, big like the buildings and eager to know more and more!!! Drink a starbucks coffe, there are a lot of cheap stores, don �t take taxis, buy a bus ticket, go to the seaport, it �s brilliant at night! and just have fun! My first arrival was there and I took advantage of the moment to know as many places as i could!!!   good trip!

30 Aug 2009     

libertybelle
United States

Find a good Deli and have a corn beef sandwich, a Reuben sandwich or a hot pastrami on rye - it is pure heaven!

30 Aug 2009     

1    2    Next >