Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Teaching Grammar Creatively    

Teaching Grammar Creatively

ivush
Czech Republic

Teaching Grammar Creatively

Hello colleagues :)

I am going to prepare some decoration for the European day of languages. Unfortunately I have no experience with that. Dont you have any ideas what to place at the school corridor, what to pin on the notice board etc? Thank you in advance.

4 Sep 2009      

ariangie
Costa Rica

Dear, you can use flags from the different countries, balloons are easy to work with, and really decorative, also collages or posters with different icons from different countries, if you need more info send me a pm
hugsApprove

4 Sep 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

Pourquoi tu ne write something in verschieden spraches und mostrar the diversidad. Tuoi studenti will capiscono what you wanted to dizer. Zasto ti ne pokusati?

You can ask members from different countries to translate one and the same message (that you would like to give the students) into different languages and then just take chunks from it and make up a concoction like i did (un)successfully above ... Then, you can have the students guess what the message is about and guess what languages you used?? Huh, what do you say? Smile We could all use the same idea in our own schools on that day and report in the forum. Hehe.
P.S. We should celebrate the existence of different languages while we still can, because the way English is worming its way into all of them ... their future is bleak ...

4 Sep 2009     

i_love_english
France

Great ideas! You guys are so creative, I �m impressed!

When is the European Day of Languages?
Thanks

4 Sep 2009     

mariamit
Greece

Hi ivish. We will also be celebrating at our school and as I am EU projects coordinator I have also started planning.
Ivona �s idea is nice  and so is ariangie �s. i love english , The European Day of languages has been celebrate don September 26th for the past 8 years. The basic philosophy being �Multilingualism is the strength of Europe" .
Why dont you try making a very large map pf the EU. Place the flag and the name of each member country on this map and write a word used in Czech that comes from each of those countries. For example if you were in the UK to do this you would write
brunette- france   arcade - Italian   Athletics- Greek   cannibal - Spanish   Harem- Turkish   robot - Czech

Another idea is to write the motto used in 2005 " Go, Europe go" in the languages of the EU with their maps. You can use other sentences like hello, thank you, we are all european, dicverstiy - it depends on your students.

You can get some good ideas from past events. Take a look here

If you need some more help PM me. I will be away this weekend but I can answer you Monday..

4 Sep 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

Thumbs Up mariamit!
i just remembered, one year we had all prepared songs in different languages that we sang in the evening, during the celebration .. together with the students. you could start already preparing the most famous (evergreen, recognisable) songs from different countries ... that way you do the language and the traditional music of the country ... hehe ... two birds with one language ...

ahhhh .. creative juices, i have missed you! i �m alive again! C. i missed you!!

4 Sep 2009     

ivush
Czech Republic

Great ideas so far, thank you all!!!!!

4 Sep 2009