Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Stolen wss    

Stolen wss

eng789
Israel

Stolen wss

I find it impossible to understand and I am frustrated by the number of stolen wss that are being reported lately.  

I personally believe that anyone who steals a ws from a member of the site and uploads it as his own,  should loose his right to be a member here.  Loosing points isn �t enough.  That also goes for anyone uploading materials from other sites.

There must be some way to better control the integrity of of our site.   

Any suggestions? 

16 Sep 2009      

Ivona
Serbia

Canceling an account would just lead to setting up another one ...
The increasing number of stolen worksheets smells of revenge to me.

16 Sep 2009     

carlaaguiarsilva
Portugal

I agree that the account should be deleted. It �s too much...

16 Sep 2009     

silvia.patti
Italy

If an account is deleted, the same person will login again with another account... I think it �s impossible to do this. But it should be add a red point to the ws stolen so that everyone can know it...

16 Sep 2009     

missveronica
Argentina

I dont usually recognize if a WS has been stolen, but i have a good eye for those which are "copy paste" from other websites, in fact I did report one today and made a comment so nobody downloads it, simply cause I think it sucks that anyone should think they just can do this and get away with it

16 Sep 2009     

ironda
Spain

Maybe the solution would be only 1 account par IP, I think it �s possible but I have no idea about programming anything like this. This way we could also avoid users with 2 or 3 accounts...

16 Sep 2009     

zambia09
Czech Republic

ironda is right about the IP address. There is one problem with this: what if there are two different people contributing from one IP address (spouses, comps at work...). So it wouldn �t be fair to allow 1 account per IP. But I think blocking the IP address for users who are cheating could be a solution. Of course if it was provable that there are multiple accounts maybe the IPs could be blocked too?
What do you, people, think?

Regards, Michaela

16 Sep 2009     

miss noor
Palestine

I agree with Silvia . The stolen wss should be marked with a red point.

16 Sep 2009     

Jayho
Australia

I come across so many ws stolen from the web - it �s unbelievable.  I think that if one user �s ws is stolen they probably have others as well yet while these go unreported they often still get their 30 free downloads everyday - they are laughing at us all the way!  It only takes an unethical member a few good stolen Ws �s to get their 30 free downloads.

I vote for cancelling the account - that way they do need to start from scratch which is more difficult than merely just losing points for the reported one.

Just out of interest - how many on average are reported stolen each day?

17 Sep 2009     

alien boy
Japan

re IP addresses .... not all systems have static IP addresses.... just a note of caution!

28 Sep 2009