Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > need your help!    

need your help!

barbie77
France

need your help!

Tomorrow I �m teaching in primary for the first time. Can somebody give me a nice activity to start the lesson??

thank you very much

17 Sep 2009      

esmeme
Belgium

hi
I like to start my lessons with a ball game
I introduce myself and then ask then "what �s your name" and I give a ball to one of them, help him to answer and then i give the ball to another one and repeat the same question.
they enjoy having a small ball game in the classroom (or outside, depending on the weather)
have a nice evening

17 Sep 2009     

Ahlam
Bahrain

Salam

Play "Guess & Win". come to class with an attractive shopping big bag with different items inside the sts guess and if a guess was correct the s win the item. I usually put: lollipops, candies, different fruit, small toys, comb, socks, hair clips, try to put some funny things too. Although my sts r teenagers, they loved it a lot and even asked me to present it to class themselves.

Best of luck
Ahlam

17 Sep 2009