Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Sep 22, the World-Wide Day Without Car    

Sep 22, the World-Wide Day Without Car

Sara26
Brazil

Sep 22, the World-Wide Day Without Car

Hello everyone !!

Today, Sep 22, it is the World-wide Day without Car, a movement that invites everyone to reflect and to change some habits that affect the quality of life in the cities and the balance of the planet.

It was created in France in 1998, and nowadays most part of the countries have adopted it. In my city, known by the Brazilian Capital of cars (1 car for 1,67 inhabitants!!!!) some streets will be blocked, and there will be a lot of activities related to how to improve our quality of life.
Well, if your country (or city) hasn �t adopet it yet, you can start by telling your students and giving the example ...
Leave the car in the garage and try to walk, bike or take the bus to school ... The planet will thank you !!

Hugs,
Sara

22 Sep 2009      

Nebal
Lebanon

Wowwwwwwww, Sara!!! This is the first time I hear of such a thing. Surely, I will tell my students about it. However, the big problem has to do with the grown -ups here. Would they abandon their cars for just one day. I wonder.

So interesting!!
Hugs,
Nebal

22 Sep 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

In Montreal, it is forbidden today to drive your car downtown. 

22 Sep 2009     

freedom4life
Canada

I have even a better idea. How about forcing the government(s) to release free-energy technology that it/they have been holding back for over 50 years? I think that it is better than restraining people from their deserved conveniences. It �s funny how we always tend to put the burden on the people, when it �s the corporate-elite along with their gov �t yes-men/women lackeys that are responsible. 

6 Oct 2009