Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > I īve been browsing about how to resize WS but...I īd like    

I īve been browsing about how to resize WS but...I īd like

lilianac
Argentina

I īve been browsing about how to resize WS but...I īd like

One more question please!!! I īve been all day trying to upload an activity which had some pictures I had scanned with photoshop and filed as .jpg. At the beginning they were pretty big but after resizing them with microsoft picture manager and even compressing them a bit with word I finally could manage to make a two- page WS which I finally saved as Word 2007 (compatible mode). When trying to upload the doc there was a message only doc.doc.doc.doc. ws. so I went back to my Word and saved it not as word 2007 but Word Document and them Guess what... my nice and under 300kb Ws had turned into a 5,2Mb. Have you any explanation  for that? What am I doing wrong? Pls help meeeee! Thanks a lot !!!

23 Sep 2009      

zailda
Brazil

Before saving it in word 97 (compatible mode) you have to make some changes if the pic is too large in doc. Save it in docx (word 2007), right click on the picture and choose "cut" - first option, like in the picture below (mine is in Portuguese).

Your picture will disappear. Now go to the left top and click in "paste", choose "paste special" like you see in the picture below. A box will open, choose JPEG, then save.

The picture will be a lot less heavy. Now save it as doc (97). Hope it helps.

23 Sep 2009     

Fabiola Salinas
Argentina

Zailda your explanation is fantastic!!! It really shows you master the computer! So clear & practical! Thanks! I would like to add a tip more... lilianac, once you īve done what zailda suggests you could also select the picture & choose the "pencil" which sts the image in transparent colour. (It īs in PHOTO EDITOR). That way, whatever is white, becomes transparent & lighter. That īs the way I save my pictures & I can tell you it really works! Any doubt, do contact me!
lilianc, GOOD LUCK! ; zailda, THANKS A LOT!
Regards, Fabiola.  :o) 

23 Sep 2009     

lilianac
Argentina

Thank youuuu! Zailda and Fabiola I would have never thought of that. I īll try it and let you know, your help was great. By the way Zailda, I īve downloaded your tutorial on how to make your WS in 27 Steps, and it helped me a lot!!!! Thank you again to both of you!!! Liliana

23 Sep 2009     

moravc
Czech Republic

I would also suggest you use Free Photo Converter
IF you have SEVERAL pictures, you can RESIZE THEM IN 1 SECOND!
Free software to resize any pictures. It resizes hundreds of pictures in 1 click - just choose the folder with pics and resize... It īs fantastic and you can INSERT the resized pictures INTO MW WORD DOCUMENT then...
Info here : http://www.pixelapp.com/Free-Photo-Converter.htm
Download here: http://www.pixelapp.com/FPC_setup.exe

It saves a looot of time !!!!

I cannot help you with problems of Word 2007, I am using Word 2002.
I had heard about problems with changing DOCX to DOC. The size increases rapidly... :-(
Just one suggestion - if you work on the worksheet for some time, the information about all the changes are increasing the size. BEfore saving, open a new blank document and copy all to the new document and save it...
It usually saves a looot of space... :-D

23 Sep 2009     

lilianac
Argentina

Many thanks to you Moravc!!! You īve been very kind to help me with this. I had already done my homework because I read your advice on the subject before posting my message but although I had previously downloaded the Photo Converter it didn īt prove to be so useful to me with this problem. All the same, I could solve the problem and everything is OK!! I didn īt scan the pictures I looked for them on the web and everything worked better, tomorrow I will upload my worksheets. Well, ...I hope so!!! Thank you to you all nice people!!

24 Sep 2009