Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > help wanted : stolen ws    

help wanted : stolen ws

sldp
France

help wanted : stolen ws

Hi  Message from a very upset member: please forgive me if my message is not clear! I �m writing in a rush before going to work to let off steam and hopingto find a solution:
Can we do something about the site teachchildren? (http://www.teachingchildren.com.br/home.asp)  which keeps  using ws from eslprintables on their site. 
You may remember the pb was mentioned last year on the forum. Many members sent them  mails asking them  to remove their ws from the site. They never replied and haven �t complied . Today when I logged on eslprintables, I was shocked to read messages accusing me of having stolen  my own ws and besides of being reported.

My printable  is a great source of pride as it has been downoaded a lot. It helps boost your self confidence.I uploaded it in January 2008

I �m sure  you �ll be able to see theirs is a much later date; besides , mine is an editable .doc  format whereas this is .pdf

Please do not consider this as advertising but a message to let members know about the pb in case it happens to them;
What action can we take against the teaching children site?  I �ve sent another mail.

If you believe me please  moderators, see to it my printable is  not removed

sincerely  Sabine

28 Sep 2009      

sldp
France

thanks sylvie

I � ve just read my post ; for the record January 2008 is the date when I updated the printable; it �s been on eslprintables for much longer( I don �t remember when but at the earliest stages of eslprintables I reckon, Victor might be able to tell if he �s got the time)

Anyway I �ve seen  moderators have voted not to remove my ws and it warms my heart! off to work; i �ll read your rplies tonight
 have a nice day everyone!

28 Sep 2009     

sldp
France

thanks sylvie

I � ve just read my post ; for the record January 2008 is the date when I updated the printable; it �s been on eslprintables for much longer( I don �t remember when but at the earliest stages of eslprintables I reckon, Victor might be able to tell if he �s got the time)

Anyway I �ve seen  moderators have voted not to remove my ws and it warms my heart! off to work; i �ll read your rplies tonight

28 Sep 2009     

flo84
France

Good morning Sabine,

Of course I believe you too and I have just voted for your contribution to stay. I am getting really fed up with all these problems of sites using eslprintables worksheets as if they were their own. Thank you for giving us the information and of course you were absolutely right to let us know.

Flo

28 Sep 2009     

alien boy
Japan

Please read the following thread... it will provide some advice for you:

Worksheets copied in other websites

regards,
AB

28 Sep 2009     

zambia09
Czech Republic

Dear Sabine,

most of the moderators know about the stolen wss on that "cheating children" site and those who didn �t know have became aware after reading the comments under your (unfortunatelly) reported work.

I believe your worksheet will stay.

Michaela

28 Sep 2009     

sldp
France

thanks sylvie

28 Sep 2009     

spring
Turkey

Hi Sabina, be sure that your ws will stay.
I can �t stand seeing our ws in other sites and being have to defend our rights.
We have to defend for the things we actually own.
The cheaters are around us.
I still have a ws in http://www.scribd.com. without my permission.
I sent messages to the admin but no result.
What �s worse,the so called owner put a picture of herself as an avatar as if it is her work.
But I can �t find her through this site.She has no photo and her nick must be different.
I am writing attention comments on her page where my work occurs yet she constantly deletes them.I mean she adopted my ws and doesn �t bother to feel ashamed and do the right thing..
What a shame.
But believe that we are with you and I also voted for your ws to stay.

28 Sep 2009