Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > How to find a printable using only its code?    

How to find a printable using only its code?

mEselF
Italy

How to find a printable using only its code?

EVERYONE! 

I was just wondering if there was any way i could look for a printable using its id number eg:( the number of the document after you download it.) it may seem strange but the other day i download one of the new documents only to discover it had a lot of spanish in it. so iwanted to tell the uploader about the use of foreign languages in the materials here, but i had forgotten to do so. now i think a week or so later i thought let me tell the person and now i cant find the document. i have the number ... so is there any way? 
thanks in advance to everyone!

6 Oct 2009      

alien boy
Japan

You could try searching the subject using some of the key words from the document, or possibly check the document �s properties & you make locate the name of the creator. You might be able to use the nameto narrow down some user names too (but that could be very tricky!)

Cheers,
AB

6 Oct 2009     

mEselF
Italy

Thanks a lot for your reply silke! and you too alien boy! 
yeah i guess i should rename them immediately, well at least from now on i will.
another one of our wonderful members sent me this though 

For example - eslprintables200812275348557953361
You can search for the contributions on the date Dec 27, 2008 to find this document.  The first four numbers following eslprintables is the year, the next two digits are the month and the next two are the day.

this was taken from a PM  that esl-teach sent me!  thanks a lot again mate! 

right now im at home so i dont have access to the document, tomorrow morning as soon as i m in school ill see if i can find it!

i hope this helps someone!

6 Oct 2009