Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Go, Romania, Go!    

Go, Romania, Go!

Denisa
Romania

Go, Romania, Go!

I �m sorry but I couldn �t resist to post this here: I �m so thrilled and proud !! Our Romanian - German fellow won!
Herta Muller was awarded with the Nobel Prize for Literature!

8 Oct 2009      

macomabi
Portugal

8 Oct 2009     

Mariethe House
France

wow! You must be feeling so proud! I am glad for your country ! I shall try to find the book in French! Thank you!

8 Oct 2009     

epit
Turkey

But could you say the name of her book ?

8 Oct 2009     

JulietaVL
Mexico

Congratulations!! I heard about it in the news and my first thought was: I am going to congratulate Denisa...

8 Oct 2009     

gitasiva
India

Congratulations! And I �d like to share your joy by posting that my countryman Venkatraman Ramakrishnan bagged the Nobel Prize for Chemistry along with two others. I feel proud too!

8 Oct 2009     

Zora
Canada

Congratulations on this wonderful event! Smile

8 Oct 2009     

arito
Mexico

8 Oct 2009     

arito
Mexico

Congratulations Denisa, I�m so happy for your country.

I hope to find the book in Spanish too!!!

8 Oct 2009     

Portugal

I heard the news early in the morning and I felt proud, myself. So, I �m with you, Denisa, with your strong feelings.

I�ve read two of her books in Portuguese and two in English: Here is an excerpt from Everything I Own I Carry With Me:

In the last summer of the rendezvous, to extend my walk home from the park with all the alders, I happened to enter the Church of the Holy Trinity on the main ring road. This coincidence was fate. I saw the times that were coming. On a pillar, next to the side altar, stood the saint in the grey cloak, his collar was the sheep that he carried round his neck. This sheep round his neck is silence itself. There are things you don �t speak about. But I know what I am speaking about when I say that silence round your neck is not the same as silence in your mouth.

(I tend to agree. And since she �s 1 year younger than myself, she must have made a good use of her life experiences.)

Edit 1: Congratulations to you, too, Gitasiva. That also also a great achievement.

Edit 2: Wow, Olinda, ready for Halloween?

Edit 3: Congratulations to Israel, too, Eng789. That was something! This is the women�s year. More to come. Just wait and look. We�ll be right here to celebrate.

8 Oct 2009     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Congratulations to the Nobel Prizes, I know what you feel, when someone from our country wins,
we all win.
i am very glad for you. Many congratulations, once again.
linda

8 Oct 2009     

1    2    Next >