Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning powerpoints > PowerPoint Size    

PowerPoint Size

hknong
Italy

PowerPoint Size

I�ve developed an interactive videogame using PowerPoint but the file is far beyond the 500-Kb limit (it�s something like 4 MB, so... it�s no use dividing the file because it needs too many separate slides). I read about other people having the same problem.
PowerPoint is a wonderful tool with great opportunities for us all but it is often over-sized. How can we share our works?
I suppose extending the limit to at least 1MB is not possible.... is it? Victor?!?

4 Nov 2008      

brahmam
India

Hi, hknong,
Nice to know that you have created an interactive powerpoint but it is not possible to upload a 4mb file. No use even if you try compressors or minimizer. I want to see that powerpoint prepared by you. Just curious...

Can I have that file, please?

[email protected]

4 Nov 2008     

trelly
Argentina

Another option is to split the powerpoint in (let�s say) 8 parts and sharing them one by one. (Teachers then should download each of them and merge them in one file)

Also, you can offer it -as other teachers here did in other opportunities - to send by email, or you can upload it to a free server (like rapidshare, for instance) and share the link here. These last two ideas don�t give you points, but at least these can help if you want to share it.

Good luck!

Trelly

4 Nov 2008     

Logos
Malaysia

I would be very interested in seeing your interactive powerpoint as that is an area I too am trying to develop.  The worksheet I have for reducing the size of pictures works also with PowerPoint as well as Word.  You may be able to reduce it down quite significantly using brahman�s minimiser and changing the size and format of your pictures.  If you could send it to my e-mail at [email protected] then I would be very grateful

7 Nov 2008     

marlita
Brazil

Hi!!!!

I always send my "bigs" ppt using the program  www.yousendit.com. I never had problem with it. Please, try it.

19 Nov 2008