Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Here I am. Asking for help again    

Here I am. Asking for help again

D@N! P
Brazil

Here I am. Asking for help again

Hello, you guys. How are you?

I�m here for asking help again.

I have to teach my adults students the family members and vocabulary related.

I�ve always teach them projecting transparencies onto the board or using power point presentation.

But this time I don�t have any of these resources available.

How can I teach this on the board? How can I make so many relations in the board without making it becoming a mess and without making it confuse to my students and for me. In their books there aren�t presentations about this topic, so I have to teach it efficiently and also have to turn the things I teach into a handout. I was wondering make a can make a poster and give them a kind of worksheet to be filled out, as I teach them.

Please, help me.

Thanks.

16 Oct 2009      

lomasbello
Venezuela

You can take  photos from your family to the classroom and posted on the board making your family tree. At the same time, ask them to bring photos from their family and call them in front of the classroom to point to the members out. They can practice their listening and speaking skills.

16 Oct 2009     

D@N! P
Brazil

Yeah, I thought about it. But I think it would be to confuse using some pictures and teaching lots of family members as I have to do. I have to teach them:

son,daughter,brother,sister,wife,husband,grandfather,grandmother,grandson,granddaughter,cousin,nephew,niece,uncle,aunt,son-in-law,daughter-in-law, father-in-law, mother-in-law, brother-in-law, sister-in-law.

I think it�s too many words for some pictures. And it wouldn�t help me with the handout. I just want to know if it will work.

But, thanks anyway.

16 Oct 2009     

Tere-arg
Argentina

I use/draw/stick a family tree, if possible of a well-known family.

16 Oct 2009     

douglas
United States

If you type "family tree" in the printables search function  a LOT of good worksheets come up. 

You could use the worksheet as a handout and then draw a simple family tree framework on the board with just names and then refer back to the worksheet as you explain and ask questions.

16 Oct 2009     

borna
Croatia

You can do a role play, divide the roles son, father etc. among the class, make cards or something with these words and give each student one card so they don �t forget who they are. You can also choose a celebrity family (royal perhaps, but it works well with the Simpsons and it �s funny), and then ask questions around the class. It would be ideal to have as many family members to match the number of students in your class.

16 Oct 2009     

Jayho
Australia

Have a look at the idea here: http://www.eslcafe.com/idea/index.cgi?display:1059225876-97251.txt

It looks quite suitable for your purposes.

Cheers - Jayho

16 Oct 2009