Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > REPORTING: it īs just clipart, remove! VS it īs a poster, do not remove    

REPORTING: it īs just clipart, remove! VS it īs a poster, do not remove

_babz
Canada

REPORTING: it īs just clipart, remove! VS it īs a poster, do not remove

I īve been looking at the reporting page lately, and I don īt like what I īm seeing!

Some people have been reporting contributions on the basis that they are ījust � clipart

Some moderators are defending the reported contributions cause they īve been uploaded as a īposter �..

quite frankly, I don īt see the difference!

example:

this contribution has been reported as īclipart �. Personally, I agree.

Some are defending this one cause it īs been posted as a īposter �. And according to the exmaples that Victor has provided, it īs okay cause it includes images and the text.

So who īs right? Now, I don īt want to go into a big debate here, but I find it unfair that some contributions are getting deleted.....and others are staying cause they īve been uploaded as īposters �

what do y īALL thing?

17 Oct 2009      

mariannina
Italy

In my opinion, either as a poster or as flashcard it is useful for the teachers who have very young children and use images in their method. I like it because I īm teaching greetings and the parts of the day and it is useful in a lot of games to get the kids to memorize vocabulary.
But it is only my opinion!

17 Oct 2009     

Samantha.esl
Italy

I ask myself the same question, but I also would like to know why some plain, copy /pasted lyrics from the web are allowed so stay as an ESL resource. Also, the same with cute īstationery �...like īawards �- ÂīcalendarsÂī and also īcovers �..

17 Oct 2009     

JulietaVL
Mexico

For me it is not only clipart...

I use posters, Iīve downloaded posters from here even though I know I can find posters in other sites... I just follow Victorīs examples to vote...

In this case, I followed this example

This shouldn īt be removed because it is an ESL task (read and learn vocabulary)

It is useful to learn vocabulary (just my opinion)

17 Oct 2009     

JulietaVL
Mexico

Read this please

victor
Spain

Yes, I īve also seen all those reported stickers, awards, certificates...
I completely agree with you. Those contributions shouldn īt be removed.
We should only remove them if they are just clipart or if they are copied.

Have a nice weekend!

18 Apr 2009     

Hereīs the link

So... posters, awards, certificates and stickers should NOT be removed

17 Oct 2009     

zambia09
Czech Republic

This is really hard.
But libertybelle remarked this ws is in the "other printables" section, so it should probably stay. I think it would be different if it was in "reading" section for example.
It īs the same with songs. A song without any activity is just a copy&paste and therefore should be removed. But what if it is in the "song" section?
 I īm quite  new among moderators and I still  learn new things and rules and sometimes it is really difficult to decide.Unhappy

@Julieta: All moderators really can īt know what Victor said some time ago as they weren īt moderators at the time. If I don īt know about such a rule, I decide by my best conscience (is that the right word?).

Michaela

17 Oct 2009     

Samantha.esl
Italy

Right!.. and what about īlyrics �

Sam

Edit: We were writing at the same time.... and IÂīd like to add that I completely agree with Zambia.
We all (moderators who are serious) try to help, no-one is conspirating against specific membersÂī works.

17 Oct 2009     

JulietaVL
Mexico

Sorry?

I know you were not moderators in the past and that maybe you are quite new members in the site, and it is not a problem for me.

And I do not have a doubt about you being serious, I gave you my support some weeks ago actaully.

Iīm not mad becasue you voted for the removal, I know you acted according to what you thought, I just reminded the rule about stickers, awards, etc...

I really do not remember about poems or lyrics... I know Victor said something about them but I really do not remember, so I refrain from voting, if someone could please find the link about if the poems and lyrics should or not be removed Iīd really appreciate.

17 Oct 2009     

eng789
Israel

Sorry,  it still looks like clipart to me,  I really can īt see it as a poster.  I think it should be a set of 6.  Sticking 2 cliparts on a page and writing a word above each - doesn īt make it a poster.
I īm not saying it can īt be useful but it could be more useful if it was a set.

I personally have nothing against lyrics - songs are fun for kida nad not everyone is familiar with the different songs that can be used for teaching.  Learning a song is an activity on it īs own.

Does it really matter where wss are uploaded?  What exactly should go under "other"? 

17 Oct 2009     

_babz
Canada

after reading all your comments, I have this to say:

I personally feel, posters shouldn īt be allowed. Who īs going to print an 8.5 x 11 poster? Come on, let īs be realistic.

Now, I do realize, that those of you who defend īposters � probably have a couple in your contributions, so ...let īs just leave it at that.

I feel the same way for stickers (which won īt stick anyway..lol), rewards and so on: I just feel that it īs just a bunch of pics put together, with a bunch of inspirational words......and quite frankly, anybody can do this.

as for lyrics/songs or even poems....well, if there īs no activity connected to the text, I think it should be removed

my 2 cents...Thumbs Up

17 Oct 2009     

JulietaVL
Mexico

I agree with you Barbara but at the end it IS a poster wheter we like it or not...

I also think that it should contain more than 2 small phrases but as many people say: we should vote according to the rules not according to our personal thoughts

EDIT: Rules are rules _babz

17 Oct 2009     

1    2    Next >