Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > ESLprintables.com hacked    

ESLprintables.com hacked

victor
Spain

ESLprintables.com hacked

This account has been hacked about 15 minutes ago by a very desperate ESL teacher in imediate need of worksheets.
I was surprised to find that the �login� form of your website responds to one of the most ancient SQL hacks known to hackerkind. I am not going to elaborate on the technique used, as that would leave your website vulnerable to malicious buttheads. (And more importantly, as I still hope I can get a legitimate account in the future, as soon as I have time to upload my own worksheets.) I urge you, however, to have your tech-guy google the web for "SQL vulnerabilities".
Be aware that, were I that bored, I could now change account information, completely mess up your site, make dubious business agreements using the name of innocent people, etc.

Sincerely,
X. N.

5 Nov 2008      

jtdr
Spain

Hi Victor...What can we do about this hacking? 

5 Nov 2008     

aldanaVenadoTuerto
Argentina

Sorry, but I don�t understand. Is that Victor talking really? Who is X.N? For one minute I thought it was the hacker stealing Victor�s name...:(

5 Nov 2008     

frenchfrog
France

Yes, Aldana! This is not Victor who wrote the post.

To X.N, you could have asked for our help instead of hacking the site. What kind of teacher are you?

5 Nov 2008     

victor
Spain

Hello X.N

Please, could you contact me and tell me the technique that you used?
I�m just an English teacher, not a programmer, and I made this website the best I could.

5 Nov 2008     

VERONIKA1811
Peru

Was this problem solved? I hope so.
It�s not fair that all the hardwork made by the creator or creators of this wonderful website go wasted. Besides all the teachers who belong here to this community would feel a little dissapointed realizing that one of us could steal a brilliant idea.  Victor I don�t know you I suppose you are the one in the pic, well that�s not important The important thing here is that you have all our support and if needed our help, too.

Best wishes.

9 Nov 2008     

GIOVANNI
Canada

Hi Victor:

Sorry to hear what has happened.  I am sure you can count on this community for help if needed.
I guess people are not all the same in this world.  It�s sad to see someone taking advantage of a good thing, and
not realize how many people it will touch.

Good luck.

12 Nov 2008     

Cyn.
Argentina

Hi everyone!
I myself have also been a victim of hackers last weekend when a powerful virus got into my computer and wouldn�t even allow me to start it. What I feared most was losing all your precious worksheets, which I have been downloading for months. Finally, we were able to save all my files, but I did want to take this opporunity to remind all of you: to keep a back up of all your information.
We all know how hard we work to design activities for our students. So, do make a back uo of all your work. Clearly there are too many threats online today!
Cheers!
Cyn

12 Nov 2008     

dreaded209
Korea, South

lol...

cant blame him/her for doing it to get stuff quickly as it does take too long to get things uploaded, approved, and wait 24 hours for points to download a worksheet (that may be substandard) to fill in a last minute gap.

please speed up this process as the only reason I, and many others (who arent too lazy to make their own worksheets) would even visit a site like this.

thanks

19 Jun 2009