Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Looking for cards with sentences that lack prepositions (and the correct preposition on the back)     

Looking for cards with sentences that lack prepositions (and the correct preposition on the back)

elderberrywine
Germany

Looking for cards with sentences that lack prepositions (and the correct preposition on the back)

Hello my dear colleagues,
some of you know the depths of this miraculous site so well that I �ll turn to you before I waste more time looking for something.

If this doesn �t exist in ESL printables, I �ll have to invent it...

I should like to have a game with cards on prepositions. On the front there should be a sentence in which the preposition has been left out. On the back should be the correct preposition.
Like:
He had to be taken ___________ hospital immediately

Does such a thing exist among our numerous worksheets? Or do you know of any other place where it might be found?
My students are stumbling through the prepositions jungle and I �d like to make something more attractive for them than just a LIST.

If it doesn �t exist, should I bother creating such a thing??
love
Dorothea

26 Oct 2009      

elderberrywine
Germany

yes Silke, your idea of making them for me was even better than mine!Clap
Will you have them done by tomorrow, do you think??
Wink

26 Oct 2009     

elderberrywine
Germany

P.S. I �d like them in three different levels, please ... Clown

26 Oct 2009     

elderberrywine
Germany

Hey, I thought you were joking !!

I wouldn �t make you do my work for me, Silke !!
(But mind you, isn �t that what we all do here, help each other with our respective jobs?)

But you could help me with one thing which is always a problem for me when using word.
How do I print or lay out cards in a way that when you print them the correct solution is on the back of the correct card? Usually drives me bananas and eats up all my paper with trial printing....
I think I have seen such a thing among your worksheets.

26 Oct 2009     

zoemorosini
United States

I �ve found helpful flash-card type things like you need at esl-library.com, but it requires a paid membership.

--zoemorosini

26 Oct 2009     

elderberrywine
Germany

thanks for your answers. I got down to making cards myself and finally managed to print the correct answers on the back - in the right place !! I �m quite proud of myself.
They will be in tomorrow �s worksheets.

27 Oct 2009