Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Flags    

Flags

eng789
Israel

Flags

I hope it doesn �t sound like a stupid question but..
Does anyone know why I can �t see the name of the country when I put my pointer on a flag?  I used to be able to.  I �m using Google Chrome.

Thanks for you help.
Barbara

27 Oct 2009      

aldanaVenadoTuerto
Argentina

hEY BARB!!!

I have the same problem with Google Chrome....i think if you chance browsers then everything is fine.

Kisses

Aldana

27 Oct 2009     

aldanaVenadoTuerto
Argentina

With eXPLORER there �s no problem

27 Oct 2009     

Portugal

Hello, Dear Barbara, Eng 789.

I can see a member �s nationaly, just by pointing the mouse on the flag. Don�t even have to either right or leftclick. Have you tried? It sounds you have. Still, I have  IE.

Best regards,

ij(nikadixon)

27 Oct 2009     

baiba
Latvia

I have both browsers, and with IE you can see the name of the country but with Firefox you can �t. Don �t know why.

27 Oct 2009     

Zora
Canada

Well for Firefox, you need to click on the flag and pick the option "save as" like you were going to save the image and there it says where the flag is from. Smile

27 Oct 2009     

eng789
Israel

The clicking doesn �t work either, I guess it �s the "Chrome".  I didn �t have a problem when I used Explorer.  Maybe someone knows how to correct it for Chrome.

27 Oct 2009     

eng789
Israel

I �ve gone back to Explorer and I can see the countries just by touching the flags.
So Explorer it is  -  because I love to see where people are from.  I �m amazed by all the different countries.  
It �s so great that teaching English - has brought us all together.

Thanks

27 Oct 2009