Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Mix questions    

Mix questions

miss noor
Palestine

Mix questions

Hi,

I see the word ok is written in 2 ways :  ok  and o.k. with fullstops .

Which on is correct ?

According to Mr. Ms.  Mrs.  .......... Are they always written with capital letter even if they are in the middle of the sentence?? 

( may be the questions are too easy but please forgive me these day because I am sick and I have much work to do. My brain is blocked )

Thanks a lot:))
Noor

27 Oct 2009      

joy2bill
Australia

Titles..ie Mr, Mrs, etc are always written with a capital letter regardless of position. They are part of a person �s name and so must have capitals. The same goes for Dr. Prof, Cpt, Col. etc.

Both ok and o.k. are acceptable. I don �t think you can call one or the other "correct". Both are slang and slang starts off as a spoken word and the spelling becomes established by usage.

Think of "bungee" jumping, humoungous and gynormous. Quite common words but with no formal prescribed spelling as yet.

Does this help?
Cheers Joy

27 Oct 2009     

Teacher Khalid
Jordan

Slamtic miss noor

for Mr. Ms.  Mrs. these are abbreviations this why  they are written with fullstops and capital letters ,another reason is they refer to proper nouns which always written with capitals

27 Oct 2009     

moathali20092009
Jordan

مرحبا استاذ خالد انا معاذ من الاردن من عمان واتخرجت من الجامعة الهاشمية تخصص لغة انجليزية والله بذكرك انت كان تخصصك ادب ودراسات اذا ماخاب ظني... ارجو مساعدتي انا الان استاذ بحاول ادخل على الموقع بس ما بفتح معي انا سجلت في الموقع ولكن دون فائدة بدي احمل من الموقع بس ما بقدر احمل شي ارجو مساعدتي في ذلك ولك خالص الشكر...
[email protected]
ارجو مراسلتي عبر الايميل وجزاك الله خيرا

27 Oct 2009     

moathali20092009
Jordan

ارجو الرد على التعليق بالسرعة القصوى.............

27 Oct 2009     

goodnesses
Algeria

If you were a university graduate, preparing to teach English, why are you using Arabic in a site meant for English teachers from all over the world? Don �t you think it would be a better idea to start practising your English language knowledge by using this same language to communicate with people here on this site.

Disapprove

27 Oct 2009