Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > For Idarena (nikadixon)    

For Idarena (nikadixon)

Denisa
Romania

I cannot believe what �s happening here! What can it be so terrible to determine people to make such a dramatic decision? I have asked this question in the caffe some time ago, but noone could clarify this matter for me...Though, I have to agree with you Zora, Alex, Silke...it �s a bit childish to say "if I don �t like something I �ll take my ...toys and go home..."...there wasn �t anything else to do?
Anyway, it �s such a pitty that things have gone so far...and this place is not the way it used to be...BUT IT SHOULD BE SOMETHING THAT WE CAN DO DO MAKE THINGS BETTER!

30 Oct 2009     

goodnesses
Algeria

I am really surprised and shocked to discover that Ida has decided to leave.

You are, in a certain way, right _LadyBird_.
This site is turning into a kindergarten and this is exactly, I am sure, why Ida took such a extreme decision.
Not because she wanted to impose her rules or her views and the others didn �t agree, NO, she never tried to.

She always tried to calm things down.
She always tried to find midway solutions to some issues.
She always tried to take the positive side of things first.
It is such a pity and shame to see that some so called teachers did not even pay attention to her age when addressing her. Put apart, first, her professional background and, then, her cultural one.
She could be the grandmother (with all the meanings of the world not only the age)  of most of them.

This site has become the private playground of some members, or as some member said it so clearly it is becoming just like any other ESL site if not just a chat-room to some to do some showing off.
So, I think it is time not only for Ida, Sylvie, Ivone and many others before to leave.

These last events make one really wonder about what he is still doing here????

I am so sorry.

30 Oct 2009     

eng789
Israel

Does that mean you are also leaving goodnesses???

Because I know exactly what I am doing here. 

I am learning a lot about people and cultures around the world and I am proud to be part of this community of English teachers.   And as an extra benefit,  I occassionally find a nice ws or site that I can use to enhance my teaching.  I tell people including my pupils that I am a member of a wonderful site where I get a chance to communicate with people form all over the world.  We don �t always agree on everything but that makes it even more interesting because I like to hear other peoples point of view.

I consider myself lucky to be here.  How about you?

30 Oct 2009     

douglas
United States

It �s a personal decision, it seems pretty "dramatic" to me, but it´s their own choice.

Some that have left touched my life and I thank them for it, with others I won �t notice their absence at all.

but .....life goes on.  Cool

30 Oct 2009     

Aimee/S.
Israel

Logging in after a few hours and... finding out that Michaela has left, too! Is this taking epidemic proportions? Thanks for saying good bye to me, Michaela... Best of luck to you.

Barbara - thanks for your clear and wise words - they express exactly the way I feel!!!

And everybody else - please stay!!! It �s not "real life" - after all -  I don �t think it �s right to develop such strong feelings of anger and frustration here, there are enough of them in the real world out there!

Have a great weekend and best wishes from rainy (it �s about time!!!) Jerusalem.

30 Oct 2009     

Nebal
Lebanon

Hello everyone,

Please dear teachers, don �t turn Idalina �s deaparture to another big drama. I �m very sad inside that she decided to walk away with no return, but I can never forget her big love, distinctive intelligence and wisdom. I learned a lot from her !!!! I do respect her decision though it saddens me deeply.

I think that Idalina is quite aware of her actions and decisions, and she won �t ever regret a thing. Her presence was very enlightening and helpful for many here. She gave and gave and didn �t need anything in return.

Zora, dear, I do understand what you mean. I do believe that simple quarrels must not lead us to bursting attitudes and sudden decisions. However, sometimes some feel like they lost the motive for being here . As for me, I won �t coz I love this community and will try all my best to stay here and fight back.

Idalina �s absence has nothing to do withh all what you were arguing about. Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee, don �t let this post that was started to wonder about this wonderful person to turn into blows between different parties. Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee, let �s keep our serenity, so that we don �t lose more. Would you please ????

Veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy tired of all this!!!!!

Hugs,
NebalUnhappy

30 Oct 2009     

Aimee/S.
Israel

Thanks for your words too, Silke! Heart

Peace on Esl Printables or...
Esl Printables in pieces...

30 Oct 2009     

Nebal
Lebanon

Dear Silk e,

I do know how astonishing it is when people take sudden decisions and leave . I used to feel very tired when someone very close decides to leave and once I killed myself crying for her ( She knows herself). However, by time I learned that people might lose interest in something, not that they want to lead their own ways here. I can �t lie and say I can forget them easily, but I can be more patient and understanding.

Anyway, Idalina �s absence will leave a big trace here and we will soon realize it.

Hugs,
nebal

30 Oct 2009     

silvanija
Lithuania

Some people forget where their real life is. They get involved into unreal one too much and take site "tragedies" too close to their heart. Now they will have more time for living, reading, working...

30 Oct 2009     

zailda
Brazil

Deeply sad with the recent bad news, I �ll miss them too much. They did what they felt was the best choice for them and I lament but respect their decision.

This is a wonderful site, which I �m very proud of being part of, and I plan on staying here for a long, long time. Until death do us apart, or so (this thing doesn �t work very well for me...)

I know some think I �m selfish, bossy, and other "qualities" that I won �t mention since they are inappropriate - but I do care about this wonderful site where I found so excellent worksheets, ideas and - mainly, that �s the best part - so marvellous and creative colleagues who have helped me (and my students as well) a lot.

This site is priceless and even the ones who I had heated arguments with deserve my respect and admiration as great professionals and terrific human beings. The fact we don �t agree about certain aspects doesn �t imply I don �t respect and admire them & their work. I mean, there �s nothing personal.

I sincerely hope the peace here and will make supreme efforts to keep my mouth shut - sometimes I can �t help it and do have something to say,  unfortunately...

Hope everyone tries to sum up instead of subtracting and we certainly will survive - at least I hope so.

Have a nice day.

30 Oct 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    Next >