Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Reporting old worksheets    

Reporting old worksheets

victor
Spain

Reporting old worksheets

This has been a hot discussion recently.

I understand both points of view. I don �t know who is right and who is wrong. Probably everybody is right, but I �ve taken the decision that I think is better for a friendly atmosphere in the website:
Old worksheets can only be reported if they are copied. They cannot be reported for being non-ESL, not in English language, just clipart, etc.

Some months ago we really needed a "spring clean", because the large number of worksheets containing just pictures or frames, or not esl resources, was setting a model and leading the website to a wrong direction (new users would think, looking at the examples, that they could upload any kind of document).

Now I think it is time to look forward and let old worksheets stay. I hope this idea will also reduce the ammount of work that moderators have every day.

I want to say thankyou (and to apologize) to all those teachers who made this site grow with their contributions and had them removed afterwards. I know it is not fair. I hope we can all forget past discussions and make a more friendly website.

P.S. I hope nobody considers this decision a victory or a defeat. It is not a matter of being right or wrong. It is just a decision taken for the benefit of the community.

30 Oct 2009      

Zora
Canada

Thank you for this wise decision!! Smile

30 Oct 2009     

mena22
Portugal

I know how hard this must have been for you dear victor and I thank you for your wise decision.

Have a good day.
mena

30 Oct 2009     

zambia09
Czech Republic

Dear Victor,

it �s your site, you make the decisions and I will obey it. But I still think many new users look at the older wss and if they see single clipart they might  think it �s OK and upload something similar. And then they are surprised and may feel betrayed why the old clipart can stay and their isn �t considered as ESL resource. Might be confusing. and maybe there wouldn �t be so many single cliparts in new contributions every day if the rules were identical for all wss.

But as I said - I will obey your rules. I stopped reporting anyway so there should not be any problem.

Regards, Michaela

30 Oct 2009     

victor
Spain

Hi Michaela,

I understand what you say. That is what I thought too. But now the examples are very clear in the uploading page.

30 Oct 2009     

mena22
Portugal

Dear Michaela, let it go. Points of view have been presented for the last few days, weeks... Now it �s time to turn the page.

A nice day to you all.
mena

30 Oct 2009     

sazzag
United Kingdom

This seems a very sensible decision to me.  Thanks Victor. 

30 Oct 2009     

Amna 107
United Arab Emirates

This is fair. Thank you Victor :)

30 Oct 2009     

David Lisgo
Japan

Dear Victor,

Would you please define "old worksheets". A day old? A week old? A month old? Whatever?

Thanks for this decision.

Sorry for the shortness. I must go.

Regards,
David

30 Oct 2009     

mokus19
Hungary

Thank you Victor.
A few weeks ago I downloaded a ws which turned out to be a copy of an earlier ws, since I didn �t know the original, I felt really taken in. We should keep an eye on this and warn each other whenever the case, so that shouldn �t happen again and again. We should support honesty, appreciate each other �s works.
You �ve done so much for this great site!
and I think �Two heads are better than one �, so we need to cooperate in the best way possible to get this site even better.
Thanks to all!

30 Oct 2009     

martinasvabova
Czech Republic

I agree with Victor , there are more serious things to solve.

30 Oct 2009     

1    2    3    4    Next >