Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > mad    

mad

Nordacad
United States

mad

i must be dumb... can someone tell me step by step how to convert adobe, micro soft word & word perfect into doc files i love all the worksheets i see here and would love to use them but first i need to download some worksheets too and nothing i am trying is working... im pulling out my hair...im going bald here....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Angry

1 Nov 2009      

Lana.
Ireland

Leave your hair where it belongs, winter is coming...

As far as I know Microsoft Word files ARE ALREADY .doc files.

If you have Adobe, there is the little "SELECT" button at the top of the page, you can click on it and then copy-paste whatever is there onto a blank Word doc.

Never heard of WordPerfect.

PM me with specific questions, I �ll do my best, but I also hope you �ll get more answers from more knowledgeable people. Wink

1 Nov 2009     

julianbr
Italy

hi Nord .. .doc is the native format of Microsoft Word.. so if you simply save the file to its default configuration everything should be fine ... there are sites to convert adobe pdf files to .doc but I have never had much success with them either .. if you don �t have word, you can use open office, which is a free download and offers loads of functionality and has the abilty to save files as .doc files instead of its native .odt file type

regards, Julian ..

1 Nov 2009     

Nordacad
United States

Thanks guys i will see what i can do but my hair is getting shorter by the minute...lol

1 Nov 2009     

alien boy
Japan

For PDF to .doc conversion you may want to try http://www.hellopdf.com/
Apparently it �s free...

I haven �t used it (yet) because I have some quite expensive & powerful software that I normally use for that sort of conversion (amongst other things)

For Wordperfect to .doc:

many people have reported layout issues with this & so some people like to save their Wordperfect document as an image (.jpg/.jpeg) & paste that into a new Word .doc

With Word the default document extension is either �.doc �, or �.docx � for the latest version. If you are using the latest edition of Word please �Save as � a document type compatible with earlier versions of Word. If you are using Word on a Mac you will need to use essentially the same process.

Please feel free to PM me if I can help (but it may take a little while for me to get back to you)

Regards,
AB

2 Nov 2009