Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Compulsory education until the age of 18    

Compulsory education until the age of 18

Zora
Canada

I really liked Anaisabel �s words. Smile

And I would like to add that educating a future generation should  never be considered too "expensive". People should never see money as an object here. A good education is fundamental to any country and a good country - look at Norway, Australia or Canada - do spend quite a bit on education...

A child without a proper education is like a a house without doors or windows. Useless. A child needs "windows" so that "light" i.e. education/knowledge can shine through them. It is wrong to think kids aren �t interested in learning... what happens is teachers need to know how to reach out and just not say "they are lazy and don �t want to learn.".

I have never had a "stupid" student. I have had students that aren �t interested in education though because they tell me "the teachers are boring and don �t care. They treat us like we should know this stuff already." - Maybe it �s also time to change the way teachers teach here in Spain?? I dunno... but I do know that I have had people who were failing just because the teacher didn �t bother to explain or are not interested in giving classes. In fact, I have asked for interviews with such teachers and been given excuses as to why they are busy and can�t receive me...

So, I believe Anaisabel is right... it �s not only the students fault. There are many factors at play and anybody who thinks more or a better education is a bad thing, should perhaps not be teaching.

3 Nov 2009     

Nuria08
Spain

Thanks everyone for your answers! It �s always interesting to hear different points of view on a subject.
Teachers in the area where I work are quite worried about the measure, that �s why I wanted to hear some voices from people who are already applying it.
Thank you!

Have a nice week!

3 Nov 2009     

libertybelle
United States

People are often worried about what they don �t know about.
Perhaps they could guest a school in another country that has schooling until the age of 18. It gives such a better impression of how things are done to see it with your own eyes!

3 Nov 2009     

< Previous   1    2