Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > h1n1 vaccine    

h1n1 vaccine

marta v
Serbia

Thank you Pinky Makus for the link! It �s very useful! I have decided NOT to take the vaccine, or the ask it for my children. There haven �t been cases of the swine flu in our town yet, but there have been over 160 in Serbia.  Some doctors say we �ll all get it eventually, sooner or later. It �s really difficult to decide what to do.

6 Nov 2009     

anitarobi
Croatia

Happening in Croatia, too... Frankly, I hate panic-spreading in order to test some new medicine. Most of my sts now stay home at their first sneeze and so much unneccesary panic is happening.

6 Nov 2009     

Zora
Canada

I am not getting it either and for the same reason as Anita. The vaccine was rushed through and they consider it to be "safe". A lot of side effects don �t appear until years later - and mostly the dangerous ones.

Also, my doctor said it wasn �t necessary and that people are just panicking. Students are sent home if they are sick and so far there aren �t any big problems here with this flu.

6 Nov 2009     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

I got my regular flu vaccine about a month ago. But I haven �t had my daughter vaccinated as she has never had flu (she �s nine) and I�m afraid if I gave her the shot it could harm her.
As for H1N1 vaccine - our government haven �t got enough of them so there is a list of people who are supposed to get it: doctors, nurses, politics. But I don �t care as I am not sure it is safe.
Last week I talk to my doctor and she told me she is not going to get it too because she doesn�t want it and people just panic. There die much more people of ordinary flu than of its mutations.
Let �s hope we all stay clear and healthy. MJ

6 Nov 2009     

Mahalo
United States

They have made it mandatory for hospital staff to get the shots, and if they do not, they get fired.

6 Nov 2009     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Wow, that �s pretty tough. Especially when the research wasn �t exactly proper. There are some studies saying it can be harmful:o(

6 Nov 2009     

< Previous   1    2