Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > users with no points and no worksheets    

users with no points and no worksheets

MarionG
Netherlands

users with no points and no worksheets

Hi everybody,
I was just wondering... I noticed just now that out of the 240 something pages of Israeli teachers registered on this site, only the teachers on the first 40 pages have actually got at least one point. All the others have no worksheets to their name (and of course no points either...) I am assuming that a similar thing is happening for other countries. Only for Israel we �re talking about some 200 times 10 teachers who registered but never actively tried to use their account (they have not uploaded a worksheet. ) That takes up soooo much space on the site...
maybe it is possible to have a system where an account gets removed if the user does not upload a first sheet within say 2 months or something.... that would make the site less heavy....( I think many of the non active users simply registered before they knew they had to contribute and they gave up on it as soon as they found out...)

7 Nov 2009      

baiba
Latvia

Hi Marion,

I completely agree with you. I did such investigation some time ago and saw that there are sooooooo many "empty" accounts. I don �t see the point in keeping these accounts but maybe Victor does...

7 Nov 2009     

libertybelle
United States

Some of us, a while back, sent money to help buy a new server. The old one was over loaded. I totally agree with you that there would be so much more space if these inactive members were deleted.
At least Victor wouldn �t have to go out and buy a new server immediately.
There �s no reason for taking up space that isn �t used.

L

7 Nov 2009     

Silvia33
Argentina

Hi everyone!
After reading Marion �s post I started doing some research too!!! And to my surprise I came out with these results:

Dead 10586 members with 0 points - 0 contributions (Im talking about Argentina, of course)
Ermm almost 1300 members with less than 30 points

Shocking, don �t you think?

Therefore, I absolutely agree with Marion, Baiba and Libertybelle.

Hugs

Silvia 

7 Nov 2009     

Samantha.esl
Italy

I �d like to know if Victor is the only person who pays for this site to exist! (Can that be made public or is it a state �s secret?).
I wonder as I �ve often thought that it would be good if we could all pay so as to not have all those problems with the stolen and fake recentful zero points members.

7 Nov 2009     

almaz
United Kingdom

Sylvie, can you remind us again why you wanted to cancel your account in the first place?

7 Nov 2009     

almaz
United Kingdom

Sylvie,

Repeat: will you tell the rest of us why you cancelled your account? An �older � member tries to delete her account and repeatedly comes back on the forum to remind everyone of the fact. What �s your problem? I, for one, don �t have a scoobie. Please enlighten us.

7 Nov 2009     

almaz
United Kingdom

Sylvie,

Repeat: will you tell the rest of us why you cancelled your account? An �older � member tries to delete her account and repeatedly comes back on the forum to remind everyone of the fact. What �s your problem? I, for one, don �t have a scooby. Please enlighten us.

7 Nov 2009     

almaz
United Kingdom

Sylvie,

What the hell are you talking about? Sober up, girl!

7 Nov 2009     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi Sylvie

I am not sure ( LOL  ) ,if you can delete your account, know why? Because we are waiting for your next printables and you can �t send them with a deleted account, girl.  LOL

linda

7 Nov 2009