Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Who would you rather teach?    

Who would you rather teach?

Saskush
Mexico

Who would you rather teach?

Hi, I would like to know your opinion about it. I started teaching children of 5 -6 years old and I really liked it. We had so many activities and I had so much fun. However, in my school they started to give me 11 - 16 years old students. I can choose whether teach children of young teens, but I don �t know. I really like my students right now because we can talk about a lot of things but I miss the fun I had with the little ones. What do yoy think? Who would you choose?

10 Nov 2009      

FroggyClaudine
France

To be honest, I just couldn �t choose if I were in you shoes. I would love it to be able to teach young ones and teenagers as well. The work you do is different and that �s what �s fun.

10 Nov 2009     

abaza
Qatar

Really i have the same problem but i decided to accept teaching the teenages . It is a great chance to enrich ur experience and try other methods. Also, it helps in building great professional background that will help in the future. Moreover, u will develop ur linguistic and methodological techniques.        Best luck

10 Nov 2009     

bealm
Portugal

I have taught only secondary students (10 th grade and more) for 25 year. Three years ago I started to teach younger students (7 th grade). I was terrified at first and the difference was not as yours. But I ended up having a great experience and now I always ask to have both levels.

This is a decision that only you can make, because both have challanges. Think of who you like best to work with. Think of the strategies you have to select to work with one or another group and which of those strategies you feel more at ease. Think of the ones that give you more pleasure. I think that is the most important thing: you have to feel fulfilled with your work, otherwise you�ll be very unhappy. You are lucky that you can choose!!!

Did I confuse you more? I �m sorry, I just wanted to help you somehow.

10 Nov 2009     

alsailiya
Qatar

Honestly I am fond of teaching chidren .Iwish i can have this choice to teach young kids.

10 Nov 2009     

class centre
Belarus

I am lucky to be able to teach all levels. Each one has its own zest.

10 Nov 2009     

Saskush
Mexico

Hi, thank you. I agree with all of you and I think I will ask for 2 groups of  youg teens and 2 groups of children, and let �s see what happens. Wink  The good thing is that I will have the Christmas break to make my material for children (it �s been like 6 years since my last kids � group... Confused)

10 Nov 2009     

inciska
Turkey

I had young children for one year and though it seemed fun at first, it started to feel kinda boring as time passed. That �s because u have to repeat the same things again and again with kids, so they wont forget and u cant cover much english in the lesson. After some time, I started to feel that I wasnt teaching English but just babysitting :D Now I have teenagers and I am happy with them :)

11 Nov 2009