Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Help, Help Help...... Another Word for Part Time......    

Help, Help Help...... Another Word for Part Time......

Brentboy
Japan

Help, Help Help...... Another Word for Part Time......

Hi Guys,

I �m looking for a bit of help today. My boss told me to change the job titles on our school contracts, he thinks that the part time/ hourly teacher does not sound good as a title. Can anyone help me with a more attractive title?

I was thinking language consultant but it seems a bit too cheesy.... Im racking my brains... Please, please help.....Cry

BB

11 Nov 2009      

alien boy
Japan

Well, the way �part time� or �arbeito� work goes in Japan, we�d call them a �casual� staff member in Australia. Just tell your boss to stop being a wanker!

Regards,
AB

ok. I�ll be a little more serious/helpful(?) now...

how about �Contracted underpaid language consultant without added benefits?�. Hang on, that�s probably a little too honest and not enough euphemism! oops...

By the way, I am not intending to insult you, BB. Like most of us in Japan, you are just one of the pawns!!

11 Nov 2009     

Lana.
Ireland

A wanker he is, I agree. Does he want a MORE ATTRACTIVE title? To get more people for the job?

Language Tutor

English Tutor

Language Coach

Language Lecturer

Language Instructor

Language Trainer

11 Nov 2009     

eng789
Israel

Contracted underpaid language consultant without added benefits? - Clap

Thanks AB,  it �s been a long time since someone made me laugh on the site.

11 Nov 2009     

alien boy
Japan

Thanks Lana & eng789!

Now then to be honestly, truthfully,�cross my heart & hope to die... stick a needle in my eye� sort of helpful... you should really give us a job description so that we can come up with a really good euphemism Ouch... oops.... job title for you!

Cheers,
AB

11 Nov 2009     

mu�equita
Peru

I really apreciate your words  about my work. it makes me feel more confident about me. Thanks a lot

11 Nov 2009