Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Help with TPR Lessons Please.    

Help with TPR Lessons Please.

dennismychina
China

Help with TPR Lessons Please.

Hi All, some help if you please. (TPR. Total Physical Response)

I recently started a new teaching job at a kindergarten which is fully (and I mean fully) into the TPR method of teaching. Although my teaching style was obviously good enough to land the position it is apparently not good enough for the parents open day in two days time. So a week of preparing and fine tuning is down the drain. (Bloody marvelous) They are looking for a typical TPR type lesson for that day. Hopefully someone will be able to point me into the right direction for a TPR lesson based on shapes, colours, animals and or numbers, for four year olds. Ops normal, when you need something you can�t find it. (or is that only me lol) I have looked unsuccessfully on the www.

. Thanks 

11 Nov 2009      

aftab57
United Kingdom

You should be able to pick up some ideas here.

11 Nov 2009     

eng789
Israel

I just googled     ytube TPR Lessons - check out what I found.  I �m sure you �ll get some ideas from these videos.

These are in English - sorry.

11 Nov 2009     

dennismychina
China

Aftab you beauty. Thanks a million. I�ll have a look right away.

And to Eng thanks as well but we can�t access youtube in China.  However following the link, I found some other TPR stuff that looks like just what the doctor ordered.

11 Nov 2009     

pauguzman
Argentina

I remember that yetigumboots teaches kids at kindergarten. She posted sometime ago many great ideas but I can �t find the link. Ask her, I think she could help you.
Good Luck!!!

11 Nov 2009     

wolfy
Chile

how about a human alphabet:

11 Nov 2009