Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Wordsearch/Crossword Maker    

Wordsearch/Crossword Maker

portugal
Portugal

Wordsearch/Crossword Maker

Hello! Does anyone know a wordsearch/ crossword maker in which the final product looks like the one of some of our brilliant participants: Evelina or Xani?
I �m doing a formation on language materials and I would like to use some of those programs.
THANKS A LOT AND HAVE A NICE WEEKEND!Clap

14 Nov 2009      

silvanija
Lithuania

I think they make them with the help of WordArt: you just put a square next to a square, then insert letters and you get a wordsearch or a crossword.

14 Nov 2009     

gec118
Austria

Try using Hot Potatoes.
Some good news - they decided to abandon charging for it in October so now it �s freeware. I �ve only ever used the crossword maker but it �s good. 

14 Nov 2009     

Lancillotta:
Italy

I hope this helps
Regards
Lancillotta

14 Nov 2009     

gec118
Austria

Maybe I �m wrong - I haven �t looked - but I can �t believe anyone would make a crossword or wordsearch in Wordart would they?????????? Sounds like a terribly inefficient way to do it to me.
There are plenty of other wordsearch makers out there but that always works for me.
With both of these products you are then able to copy and paste into a Word document. I think you have to either �create web page � or �export for printing � to get a version that pastes into Word.

14 Nov 2009     

silvanija
Lithuania

Hello, gec Big smile
I know that it is not  very efficient LOL,  but this way I can make a shape I want and to choose a colour I need. If you have a look at my wss you will understand what I meen.

BTW, I have just had a look at one of Xani�s wordsearches and it is made by hand using WordArt shapes.

14 Nov 2009     

Maha Alawdat
Israel

use www.puzzlemaker.com it is wonderful

14 Nov 2009     

gec118
Austria

Sorry Silvanija - I stand corrected! I just had a look at some of Xani �s worksheets (Who is Who) and she is at another level to the rest of us. How many points does she have? 120,000!!!
It looks to me like it �s Autoshapes she uses rather than WordArt, but whatever, it is incredibly impressive. How much time does she spend creating worksheets? Great imagination and artistic talent!

14 Nov 2009     

portugal
Portugal

Thanks for all your replies! I think it �s true they make them with autoshapes. It �s fantastic and they look great, but I �m trying to find a faster way to do them. The problem is that I don �t think they will be so beautiful. I �ve already try Hot Potatoes and the Worksheet factory, but the layout isn �t as nice... we can �t have all!

14 Nov 2009     

silvanija
Lithuania

Oh yes, autoshapes not wordart, used not the right word. I just call all those toolbars in Word - wordart. Wink

14 Nov 2009