Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Be fair (not for everyone, of course)    

Be fair (not for everyone, of course)

zailda
Brazil

Be fair (not for everyone, of course)

What �s the definition for "fair" in the sense it �s used here?

According to my wordweb dictionary, this is the definition, which I think is perfetly acceptable:

"Free from favoritism or self-interest or bias or deception; conforming with established standards or rules."

So I have some questions:

- Why after some heated discussions on the forum some of the participants have their wss reported?

- Why after voting for the removal of a ws some of yours are also reported?

- Why some members tend to report wss from other members who have opposite ideas or POV?

- Why some dig carefully wss specially from one or two members and don �t see the others �?

Is this the way you decided to be fair?

- When you report or vote a ws, are you doing it consciously and thinking about the site benefit?

- Do you forget your quarrels and disputes when you are at the reporting page?

I think you should...

(No need to answer, just to think about.)

15 Nov 2009      

stuartallen77
China

This website has always been clique, its annoying. I agree with you. 

I just download what I need and go. Live in peace, thats what I say!

16 Nov 2009     

Spagman63
Hong Kong

It �s human nature.  Man is NOT innately good and therefore is often vindictive and seeks revenge when wronged.  We will NEVER live in peace while sin is in the world.  It sounds good to say "Live in peace" but it is impossible for now.

16 Nov 2009     

zailda
Brazil

Rules were created to help keep the order and be fair. If we disrespect them, what will happen?

16 Nov 2009