Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > STOLEN LAYOUT    

STOLEN LAYOUT

elfelena
Russian Federation

Spagman63, alien boy, liutaesan are right.

This website is to share and not to quarrel!

Come on! It �s only layout! Did you, evelinamaria, drew it yourself?!

Anyway - just the form of a notebook and fill in - class, date, etc.... Can �t we do the same?!

Of course, I do understand that people recognize these works and they think they should be as good as yours, but why do you act so rudely?

A person liked your layout and didn �t know that you painted it yourself. It REALLY looks like a template!

2 Dec 2009     

donapeter
Romania

i recognized some of my clip-arts (well...not mine....they were taken from Internet) on a ws made by a user here:How did I know it was one of mine? Well , when I cut it in Photoshop I missed some parts and those parts remained white. 
I just sent a PM to that user and apologized that I didn �t cut all the white there. She/he sent me a reply: Never mind!!! 
I can �t open a forum topic claiming she/he took my clip art!!!Even it was cut by me!!!! 
I hope I made a point here!

2 Dec 2009     

darryl_cameron
Hong Kong

Personally, I would not upload the edited WS to this forum however ...

Once I downloaded a WS, I thought I was entitled to edit it as I wish?

Can �t I change pictures and vocabulary and keep the layout??

If I use edited W.S. in my lesson are they stolen???

I thought imitation was the sincerest form of flattery????

IMHO

2 Dec 2009     

joy2bill
Australia

Isn �t this getting a little out of hand?

Some people just don �t have the computer skills to create completely original layouts but DO have the ability to come up with excellent questions.

Please let �s not be too paranoid!

Is there really anything totally original in the world? Even great artists are inspired by others.

Just my tuppence worth.
Cheers Joy

2 Dec 2009     

Zora
Canada

Oh, I soooo agree with AB, Spagman,Liutaesan, Joy, Darryl, Elfelena, Donapeter... This is getting out of hand. I have always believed that layouts are not to be reported since very few are "created" by the owner using his own program - like Alienboy so kindly pointed out. And some people, like Joy stated, haven �t got computer skills but maybe they have great ideas for a worksheet, so are we to punish them for it?? I think that we are becoming very elitist here and that �s not good. 

We are a site, or so I thought, that encouraged sharing and helping one another for the benefit of our students but lately it seems like a "me, me, it �s mine, he took my border, layout, etc..." in the reported section and YES a sheet was reported because somebody took someone else �s BORDER!

I have even been asked "What would you do if somebody took your layout?" Well, my answer is this: IF you can make an original idea using my layouts then go ahead. My work was done in Word, all the boxes, borders, colours, my clipart is from the Internet... - so go right ahead - none of it is really "original"... THE only part that is original is the idea for the exercises...

But anyways, this is how I see things.

2 Dec 2009     

cafifeso
Portugal

I �m really ashamed, but it wasn �t my intention to copy a collegue work... I �m apoligizing Evelina. Your work is great and it �s not my intention to steel it... I �m truly sorry. The worksheets have been deleted.

2 Dec 2009     

donapeter
Romania

and please don �t use green because it �s my color!!!!LOL

2 Dec 2009     

evelinamaria
Portugal

2 Dec 2009     

donapeter
Romania

what Spagman said was totally hilarious and unbelievable!!!! 
We don �t say you �re not right, but we say we don �t have copyright for our work!!! 

2 Dec 2009     

elfelena
Russian Federation

I don �t see anything bad in taking somebody else � layout as the layout is cannot be unique, it �s just a template!

This site became not a place to share, but to quarrel about points!

Yeah, those people who have a lot of points stick to one style of layout so that be recognized quickly among new contributions and they feel uncomfortable if someone else uses their layout and gets point!!!

It �s ridiculous!!!

Come on! A lot of teachers from Portugal use the same layout - notebook! and they receive a lot of points for that...
why not make all worksheets as notebook? =)) So, everyone will say that their layout is copyrighted.

http://www.eslprintables.com/buscador/author.asp?user=262712#thetop

http://www.eslprintables.com/buscador/author.asp?user=69577#thetop

http://www.eslprintables.com/buscador/author.asp?user=3713&page=11&orderby=#thetop

2 Dec 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    Next >