Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > FRIENDLY COMPETITION: LET ´S MAKE A CALENDAR    

FRIENDLY COMPETITION: LET ´S MAKE A CALENDAR

graca pereira
Portugal

Monday or whatever day... it �s a great idea.
I �m dying to see the result  Approve!!

4 Dec 2009     

volga
United States

I vote for Sunday. If you want your students to use authentic resources (English calendar), the week should start on Sunday. Kids get used to using this type of calendar faster than some teachers might think.

Cheers,
V.

4 Dec 2009     

JulietaVL
Mexico

What a nice idea!!

I vote for Monday...

4 Dec 2009     

eng789
Israel

Why does it have to be seasons? 
Why can �t it be in the form of TIPS as in grammar tips/rules,  writing tips,  things you should know, British versus American English,  spelling rules, pluralizations,  punctuation rules etc. 

Something that would be useful so people won �t want to throw it away when the year ends.

4 Dec 2009     

Jayho
Australia

That �s a good point eng789.  We downunder get frustrated when everything is depicted in northern hemisphere seasons.  I think that tips along the lines you suggested is fabulous and far more useful to a wider number of members.

4 Dec 2009     

pauguzman
Argentina

I like your idea eng789!!!!Clap

4 Dec 2009     

Cyn.
Argentina

Great idea Barbara! Clap
Like Jayho, I many times feel discouraged by pictures of the months with the northern hemisphere seasons... Pinch
Especially when I see a snowy scene with the text january on it, when here in Argentina it �s boiling hot by that time of the year!!! LOL
Anyways, ...can �t wait to see the results of this great calendar!!!
Cheers!
Cyn

4 Dec 2009     

Damielle
Argentina

What a great idea, Victor. I vote Sunday because it will include the starting of the school week in all countries

4 Dec 2009     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Well, after reading all this:
Wouldn �t it be possible to make calendars for northern, southern, western, eastern hemispheres? I believe people from Argentina (e.g) could feel frustrated seeing snow in December, as I would seeing it in August.
BTW Cyn., we are still waiting for  snow in hereCry

4 Dec 2009     

Nebal
Lebanon

What a fabulous idea, Victorrrrrrrr!!! Love competitions and can �t wait to see the results!!!

I vote for monday as it �s the beginning of the school week.

Nebal

4 Dec 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9    10    Next >