Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > End of semester party    

End of semester party

Mahalo
United States

End of semester party

Hi all, I am saddened to say that this semester is officially over with as of today. As tradition with my intermediate adult class, I have them make a travel brochure from their country, many of them dress in tradition dress to present it, and then they all make a traditional dish to share. I had some really good food: sushi, enchalidas, noodles, goat and rice (which I never ate before- it tasted like lamb, but not as strong), and a wonderful sweet carrot dish from Pakistan. I was unable to get the carrot recipe, does anyone know what that may be? It was tiny chopped up carrots, something that looked like a grain, and was very sweet.

If you know what it might have been, could you pass on the recipe?

I love all the traditional cultures and foods, for a teacher in America, I like to learn as much about my students and where they are from, as they do American people. I get so educated every semester!

4 Dec 2009      

janaesl
Saudi Arabia

hi dear it is known as GAJAR KA HALWA RECIPE

Ingredients for carrot halva:

1 kg Carrots
Ingredients for carrot halva:

1 kg Carrots
1 litre Milk
1 teaspoon Cardamom seeds
3/4 cup Water
3 tablespoons Ghee
2 tablespoons Raisins
2 tablespoons Almonds
2 tablespoons Pistachios
450 grams Sugar

Preparation of carrot halwa :
  • Wash and grate the carrots. Soak the raisins in water for 30 minutes. Blanch and shred the nuts.
  • Put the water to boil, when it starts boiling add the grated carrots. Cook for 5-7 minutes.
  • Add the milk. Cook on a low flame for 1 hour stirring occasionally. Add sugar, mix well and cook till the sugar has dissolved and all the milk has been absorbed.
  • Add ghee and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Add the slightly crushed cardamoms and the raisins. Mix well.
  • Remove the gajjar halwa from heat and arrange in a serving dish. Garnish with almonds and pistachios. Serve cold, hot or at room temperature
  • enjoy

4 Dec 2009