Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > My suggestion for the calendar.    

My suggestion for the calendar.

eng789
Israel

My suggestion for the calendar.

I would like to see a more useful Calendar.   Please check this out.

Why does it have to be seasons? 
Why can �t it be in the form of TIPS as in grammar tips/rules,  writing tips,  things you should know, British versus American English,  spelling rules, pluralizations,  punctuation rules etc. 

Something that would be useful so people won �t want to throw it away when the year ends.

Barbara

4 Dec 2009      

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Sorry, the link doesn �t work (at least for me). Unhappy

4 Dec 2009     

MarionG
Netherlands

the link doesn �t work for me either..

4 Dec 2009     

Zora
Canada

I love the idea of an educational type calender - it can still have pretty backgrounds or pictures. Aren �t we ESL teachers and shouldn �t the calender be geared toward something educational like January could be something like:

When to use A or An, a few examples and some cute pictures to go with it...

Each month could have a grammar or, historical, educational theme or something, like little comments in the days boxes.

i.e. January 12th could say "Use "an" before silent sounding "H"" or "Today is Jeff Bezos, founder of Amazon.com, is 46" or "1st Supermarket in UK opens"... things like that... I would keep something like this forever as a keepsake (I �m a bit of a packrat! lol) than the other type of calendar.

And I can �t see the link either.

4 Dec 2009     

offstage
Brazil

Barbara and Zora: Your idea is the best ever posted over here. I totally agree with you and if any help is needed, I am willing to help.  Warm regards from warm Brazil.

4 Dec 2009     

Jayho
Australia

Hi everyone

I �m all for something with an educational aspect.

Also, perhaps a section of the page for each month could include the celebrations & commemorations for different countries in that month such as Mother�s Day, Teacher�s Day, Independence days, religious events etc. That way we�d all know what is being celebrated in each country each month plus be able to reinforce eslprintables as an international community of diverse cultures from around the globe working together.

Cheers

Jayho

4 Dec 2009     

baiba
Latvia

Yes! - to educational calendar but not to specific festivals and religious days which may restrict the range of users. For instance, in my country school is separated from the church, so we don �t normally teach religion, and anyway, it is a very delicate topic.

I also doubt if it would be wise to publish holidays of different countries. It may not necessarily interest everyone.

I am for the calendar which will be as general as possible, and the best option is to base everything on the English language.

4 Dec 2009     

martatp12
Spain

What about a coloring calendar that we could give to our students at the end of the year?? The students would paint it using a code (paint by number or similar...) and we can teach the vocabulary of the pictures to our class.

It just an idea...:-)

4 Dec 2009     

adrif
Brazil

I agree with Baiba...the most general as possible...it makes the thing more creative...

7 Dec 2009