Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Disappointment    

Disappointment

ELOJOLIE274
France

I don �t think you should delete your worksheet if only 2 or 3 people downloaded them. I usually download what I need (or might need) so even though I try to look at the "new contributions", most of time I download only a couple of documents.
The most important is that you took the time to share your documents, not the fact that only 2 people needed it. Someone might need a document like the ones you deleted and then they won �t find anything.
The layout of the documents are only important if you work with kids. Right now I work with teenagers (11 to 14 year old) so I obviously try to find nice worksheets because my pupils like funny images. But when I used to work with high school pupils or with college students, I didn �t bother finding nice layouts, my students didn �t care about that. We can �t put pictures on every worksheet, that �s ridiculous, and I �m sure good teachers don �t care about the layouts as much as they care about the actual content of the worksheet (i would never download a worksheet without checking I can use it with my students).
so Don �t worry, Be Happy!
take care
Elodie

4 Dec 2009     

Morrisons Eyes
France

As teachers, we �d be crazy to say that layout is more important than content... or we should reconsider our priorities...

But, as veljaca puts it, all of us who have over 30 points come here quite regurlarly and see what wss of the day they �d like to have.

There are so many wss proposed each day that it �s true that the ones we are naturally attracted to are colourful wss. And we all know that we make most of our points of the first day our ws is uploaded. I personnaly watch the content of every ws that catches my eye but I really don �t have time to watch every single ws to see if it would be useful, there are simply too many of them!

I �d say it �s just human...

Finally, like everyone else, I started uploading stuff for the points and the fact that I could have access to a huge database of very valuable work but once I got about 200 points, I thought I have enought points for the rest of my life !! ^^ And I still love to upload my work because I think that attractive activities really get the kids to work and to love English (just as WE do!)

Take care, Daniela, and don �t feel too bitter and I �m sure the day someone needs GMAT stuff they �ll download your work because it �s valuable !

:o) ME

4 Dec 2009     

Eryn
Spain

Well, there was a similar post yesterday so I �m going to say the same. I totally agree with you, Daniela. The content is the most important, eventhough a nice layout can make the printable much more appealing. To be honest, I tend to avoid colourful and overelaborated handouts for 2 reasons: to save ink and mainly because most of my students are adults. I don �t think those printables with flowers, Hello Kitties and happy little animals are really appropriate for them. Can you imagine their faces?
You should have kept the printables, though. Some people may need them one day, or at least this is what I say to myself everytime I upload one and everybody ignores it. You shouldn �t be so bitter about that... this site �s the way it is and people usually download worksheets by people they already know.
I think I �ve made my point here.

4 Dec 2009     

danibauer
Brazil

Guys!

Thank you all for the nice words.

Have a nice weekend!

4 Dec 2009     

danibauer
Brazil

I hope you understand that this not about being bitter...

I was just opening my heart!

But even though it is very nice to hear everything you all have to say!

Thanks for the replies!

Hugs,

Daniela

4 Dec 2009     

julianbr
Italy

I know exactly what you mean, Dani. It doesn �t fill anyone with enthusiam to make more wss when their existing ones seem to be largely ignored. It also maybe shows why manufacturers spend so much on packaging their products ... lol ..   

4 Dec 2009     

danibauer
Brazil

I �m going to re-upload them. Thanks for the encouraging words!

Have a nice weekend!!!!

4 Dec 2009     

anlu79
Germany

Hi Daniela,

I can understand your feelings and I have noticed this too. Some worksheets gets 100s of downloads and they are usually the colourful ones with a complicated layout... I think a lot of teachers on here actually teach young kids, my students are all aged 15 or older, so I don �t pay attention to the layout as much. Sometimes it �s simply a question of time too! Like others have said, sometimes I downloaded a great worksheet but deleted some Mickey Moses from them...

Anyway, I think this website is absolutely great and I have found many wonderful materials here. Sometimes it makes me a bit sad too when I spend a day designing a worksheet and in the end it only gets 2 downloads, but then I say to myself, I will just have to contribute more (which I am happy to do anyway).

Have a nice weekend everyone Smile

4 Dec 2009     

< Previous   1    2