Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Games with 7 year old kids    

Games with 7 year old kids

Kate (kkcat)
Russian Federation

Games with 7 year old kids

I am starting to teach 7 year old kids, and most of them only begin to learn English (and so they can�t read or write).  The first lesson is coming soon and besides the activities and the plan suggested in the book (I-Spy 1, Oxford University Press), I would like to play an interesting game or two with them at the first lesson. What kind of game can it be?

Thank you in advance for your suggestions,
Hugs
Kate.

4 Dec 2009      

AACG
Argentina

Maybe you could try my "movies" worksheet. They don�t have to produce any English but they realize they already know a lot about the language. Besides they cut and paste which they generally enjoy.

5 Dec 2009     

PhilipR
Thailand

Take the I-Spy 1 Password Poster into the classroom (if you don �t have it, use pages 4-5 of the student book). Put students into pairs or teams. Now pick a letter and ask students to look at the poster for words that begin with that letter. Every word they can say scores one point (e.g. A - apple).
If this is still too difficult, any object they can name gets them a point. Attention: with some classes this can get rowdy if they start shouting words, so make sure to set some rules first (e.g. no shouting, put up your hand etc.). Hope this helped.

5 Dec 2009