Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > I need some help, please    

I need some help, please

alice21_ciobanu
Romania

I need some help, please

I would like to share with you what I �ve found on a site called Scribd.com. I found my power points, but not in the original form. "Mrs Shari" took all the credits on my work, even deleted some pictures, personalized the presentation and posted it as her work. Can someone tell me what can I do? Because I believe she is a member of ESL Printables no? and if we have inside this type of people, that �s not good.

here are the links:

Mrs Shari �s: http://www.scribd.com/doc/21990255/VOCABULARY-ON-CLOTHES-DESCRIBING-PEOPLE

Mine: http://www.eslprintables.com/powerpoint.asp?id=10340#thetop
http://www.eslprintables.com/powerpoint.asp?id=10341#thetop
http://www.eslprintables.com/powerpoint.asp?id=10342#thetop
http://www.eslprintables.com/powerpoint.asp?id=10254#thetop

It �s not a coincidence because she used exactly the same pictures...honestly, what are the odds?

18 Dec 2009      

_babz
Canada

unfortunately..there �s nothing you can do...

keep on reporting her work...until it drives her crazy...

it�s a start.

18 Dec 2009     

volga
United States

Hi Alice,

I am sorry that someone stole your work. Have you tried reporting the incident on that site? There �s a lilnk under the document where you can report the work being stolen. I guess you can simply write to [email protected] ... Try doing that and tell us if you receive any response from the site administrators.

There are way too many thieves in the world wide web. Good luck to you!

V.

18 Dec 2009     

zailda
Brazil

Terrible news, I �m with you, report her work as stolen and provide the links, try to contact with the site managers, comment the documents, if you need help just ask me by PM.

Hope we can discover who she is here and in this case, send her PMs asking to remove your work from Scribd.

18 Dec 2009     

zailda
Brazil

You left a comment under "her" power point but didn �t provide the links to yours. I think it should be better if you add them.

18 Dec 2009     

fletsch
Canada

Hey Alice:

It really is a shame that this sort of thing happens.  I tried to get on the website Scribd to report here, but I can �t - I believed this site it is blocked here in China.  Anyhow, let us know what the result is.  Good luck to you  :)

Keep on smiling...

Fletsch

18 Dec 2009     

PhilipR
Thailand

�By posting your work to the internet you accept the risk that your copyright may be
infringed. � (Copyright Agency Limited, www.copyright.com.au)

18 Dec 2009     

alien boy
Japan

First thing I noticed when I downloaded Mrs Shari �s Powerpoint is that it was created at/by www.acuras.co.uk

My first question... is this the name that your MSOffice is registered to or the location of your computer? I�ve noticed that on your Word documents the same information is recorded as �Home� (Edit: from your most recent worksheet upload)

Second question... where did you get your images? I know I recognise some from clipart in my collection... does that mean if I use them that I�m stealing from you?

Next, you�ve said she�s deleted some pictures & personalized the work... so are you sure this is actually your work that�s been modified by another... because it doesn �t appear to be (but admittedly I haven�t downloaded your powerpoints to compare their underlying data)?

There are many worksheets where the same images have been used. I might be more inclined to believe this is stolen from you if they were identical (which they are not) or Mrs Shari�s data contained the same identifiers as yours...

It looks like there�s a coincidence in the images used or she�s stolen it from someone else.

Regards,
AB

P.S. It is really very important to provide substantial evidence to support any accusation of theft. I don�t see enough here to support your assertion Alice. I�d happily change my mind if you have facts & not assertions available.

18 Dec 2009     

blunderbuster
Germany

Alice:

I have had the same problems elsewhere and what I can now say is: "Plagiarism IS the sincerest form of flattery." See it as an inspiration and a confirmation of your creative talent. YOU will have new ideas and will be able to create new things, she may not be able to do so in the first place. Deal with it more constructively, pay her compliments, tell her that you are glad to see you could be of assistance to her etc.

Regina

18 Dec 2009     

ELOJOLIE274
France

It �s a shame someone stole your work. I agree that sometimes someone �s work can be a source of inspiration (the idea, the frame...) but obviously no one should steal someone else �s work!!!
what a bad example she must be for her students!!! we try to educate them, to tell them that cheating and stealing are wrong and that �s exactly what she does!!!
I hope you will find a solution to your problem.
Elodie 

18 Dec 2009     

alien boy
Japan

Again, without substantial proof (a brief fact-finding review could not support the assertions you�ve posted as being indisputable) no one should be accusing anyone of anything, nor should another member be branded as a thief - which is what you have done by providing the detail & link provided by katiana. That is something called libel if you cannot substantiate the claim.

Just imagine how you would react if the shoe was on the other foot!

Regards,
AB

P.S. Out of curiosity, when did you create your PowerPoints? I actually have the creation date for the file you say is stolen & the creator�s name is noted as �shari�. If you look in the �Properties� of your PowerPoints you�ll find this info in the �Statistics� tab. I know you uploaded them earlier this year, but Mrs Shari�s document has a creation date of 9 February 2005. This makes you look like the thief, not her! Stern Smile

Regards,
AB

18 Dec 2009     

1    2    Next >