Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning online exercises > Contractions in online exercises    

Contractions in online exercises

allakoalla
Latvia

Contractions in online exercises

Dear colleagues;

I have a suggestion or an idea. My ss willingly do online exercises and they are sometimes pretty annoyed and complain to me of the "unfair" evaluation. The thing is when they sometimes use a contracted form as don �t the right answer is do not, but when they having remembered the previous mistake use do not insted of don �t the correct answer is don �t.

Wouldn �t it be better to state before the exercises whether a student is to use a full or contracted form.

What do you think?

12 Jan 2010      

Zora
Canada

People should put BOTH options in. The exercises allow for various answers and I think that people should always input however many there are. For example: if the answer is 210 -  I put in the box when I am making it: two hundred and ten/two hundred ten/210 - So that whatever answer the student chooses to write, it will be accepted.

I think the problem is that some people do not know how to use the functions properly when making the OE activities.

12 Jan 2010