Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Three strikes and you are out    

Three strikes and you are out

victor
Spain

Three strikes and you are out

Well, this was suggested months ago. In fact, it is included in the rules of the website, but now it will be done automatically:
The users that send copied contributions will be banned from the website after three warnings.
This will only apply to copied worksheets when the original source is clearly provided. It will not apply to worksheets which are removed for other reasons (not ESL resources, not in English language, etc).

The objective is to get rid of those few users that don �t respect other teachers work.

I hope it works fine.

Best wishes,

Victor

15 Jan 2010      

sorji
Tunisia

Good idea!

15 Jan 2010     

graca pereira
Portugal

Fair enough, we must all play by the rules and above all, we must be HONEST!

15 Jan 2010     

Roman Svozilek
Czech Republic

Dear Victor,

I would like to know here and now if I may publish my work, which I also contribute on helpforenglish.cz

I have spent way too much time and effort trying to make these issues clear, but have never received a clear answer.

Your moderators keep deleting my old worksheets, no matter what I say, do or write.

I just want to know if I can add more material and it will be fine, or I will be banned the second I add a new worksheet from the other site.

It was kind of ok before, I got used to it, actually: I added something, there was a long discussion with your moderators, nothing happened for a while, then they deleted one of my worksheets and that was it.

Now that you actually remind us all of this strick rule (which I understand and support, by the way), I really do not want to be banned.

Thank you very much for your time to respond.

Roman Svozilek

15 Jan 2010     

victor
Spain

Hello Roman,

You know all this is intended to protect your work and other teachers work. I �ve checked your email and it is true that you are the same person who appears in helpforenglish.cz

If any of your worksheets is removed for being a copy from the ones that you publish in helpforenglish.cz, send me a private message and I �ll solve it. Of course, if you are automatically banned, I �ll undo it too.

Best wishes,

Victor

15 Jan 2010     

cheezels
New Zealand

AWESOME THANK YOU!!!!

@Roman... I think the problem lies with WHERE your explanation is... I just had a look and you explain it well on your PROFILE but not on each worksheet...When I moderate I look at the worksheet and not at the profile of the person. You indicate on your worksheets the site where they are BUT while your wording says they are from there, it doesn �t say that you publish them there. ie: I also publish on XYZ website.... I think if you were very direct in your statement in your description for each worksheet then there would be no confusion.
Often I have seen worksheets that are blatantly copied and pasted from a website and the person says the website in the description so you need to actually use the words I also publish etc.....

Hopefully that will stop any further confusion. :-)

15 Jan 2010     

Samantha.esl
Italy

This is great! Thank you!
We must respect the rules otherwise it �s confusing and messy.

15 Jan 2010     

Bare
Croatia

Good decision! Smile
The rules are clear and should be respected! Maybe it will not stop some people but they know what to expect .Wink
And the best way to discourage them is to ignore "borrowed" wss...

15 Jan 2010     

JulietaVL
Mexico

Thumbs Up Great news

15 Jan 2010     

Roman Svozilek
Czech Republic

To Victor: THANK YOU VERY MUCH

To cheezels: Yes, you have a point. I �m going to do it right now :-)

15 Jan 2010     

Lana.
Ireland

Great news, all fair and square now.

15 Jan 2010     

1    2    Next >