Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > How many languages?    

How many languages?

Kate (kkcat)
Russian Federation

Wow, so interesting to know that there are many multilingual teachers here Thumbs Up
I speak English and Russian fluently, and I speak English more often than Russian. I can understand  a little bit of Spanish (just a liiiiitle bit lol) and just a little  bit of Hebrew (I �m still a beginner ;) ). I studied German at high school and can understand short texts but can �t speak this lagnuage and I can read and translate some Latin, which I studied at the university.

16 Jan 2010     

carinaluc
Argentina

My mother tongue is Spanish, and apart from English I also teach German.  I can speak French and Italian as well.  Learning foreign languages is very common in Argentina, remember we are a blend of different nationalities.

Kisses

Carina

16 Jan 2010     

Bare
Croatia

Hi!

I speak Croatian ( my mother tongue ) and most of the languages of ex-Yugoslavia ( Serbian,Bosnian ... they are very similar ). Besides English  I speak  French fluently ( I studied them but I don �t  use French much ), and I can get by with my Italian.
 I can communicate well with deaf people using sign language - it is recognized a a language although some people disagree... Next month I �m supposed to go Spain so I �m trying to learn some Spanish.Nice language...I wish I had more time....

Hugs;)))

16 Jan 2010     

kons
Morocco

Hi
Great! it is not easy to be a multilingual speaker. it takes time and needs great effort and practice. the latter is crucial.
I speak Moroccan Arabic which is a dialect, Standard Arabic, and English fluently and French to get by. I understand spanish.
is there anyone of you who speaks Arabic; I mean those whose mother tongue is not Arabic.

16 Jan 2010     

ynroko1
Slovenia

Hello.
Nice to see that in this community there are a lot of polyglots...Smile

I speak fluently Slovenian (my mother tongue), Swedish, English and Serbo-Croatian (I was born in Slovenia which was the part of ex-Yugoslavia).

I learned French, German and Italian at  high school and studied Polish, Chech and Russian for a year at a university, so I can understand and read them, but speaking them..not anymore.  Unhappy 
I �d like to...

Y.

16 Jan 2010     

sea camel
Belgium

I speak Dutch fluently, teach English and therefore think I can speak it fluently ;-). I can speak French to get by and I used to speak it fluently but I haven �t been speaking it for ages Unhappy. I studied Latin at school. I understand written Italian a bit aswell as German.

Hugs

Kristien

16 Jan 2010     

apayala
Spain

Apart from Spanish and English, I only speak French

Regards,

16 Jan 2010     

occurin�
Spain

Strange combination ... Spanish (fluent), plus Dutch (used to be fluent, I don�t think so any more), plus Portuguese (to read). And virtually nothing of anything else...

16 Jan 2010     

alexcure
Poland

Hi again,

I am also glad there are so many multi-linguists here, ;-). Arabic - hmmm I �d love to study Arabic ... as many other language, I love the sound of all the languages, their diversity... I am thoroughly fascinated with the SOUNDS of languages. It �s maybe because I can copy the sounds very well.

What does attract you in studying languages apart from their communicative importance and utility?

16 Jan 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3